Ohm64 Complementory gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Ohm64 Complementary gear

Hey,

I have bought the Livid Ohm64 some time ago and absolutely love it. However I do still miss some ways of control:
    - Endless encoders, preferrably push-encoders (No less than 4, 8 would be perfekt)
    - Buttons for hotcues with good feel/big enough size for some serious juggling (at least 8)
    - Maybe jogwheel
    - Maybe Keyboard (I am not quite sure atm if its possible to use a MIDI keyboard to control a synth software on my notebook and have that as sound input in traktor) (also no more than 25 keys)
    -LEDs are always good

In addition to that I want the controller to be rather small size as its my secondary piece of gear and also should be as cheap as possible (not much money left after buying the Ohm64), to set a limit I would say no more than 250$

Is there any nice Controller/Combination of Controllers that would meet my expectations. The most important part for me are the encoders and hotcue buttons.

Thanks
    Last edited by Pushkin; 05-22-2011 at 10:28 AM.

What about building your own? There are plenty of resources on the forum, everything you will need. Your controller could come out pretty cool i really like the idea of a keyboard in it.

Tech Wizard

Thought about that quite a few times, however I lack the tools/experience/time/motivation for doing that. Right now all I want is a nice and simple solution of something cheap, small and effective to be able to start djing the way I want asap. Maybe one day I will build my own controller, but not just now.

Tech Mentor

Faderfox?

The DX2 is on offer atm.

Tech Wizard

Nah, only 5 out of 9 knobs are endless and also there is a milion useless small buttons, which I dont need, since I have 64+ buttons on the Ohm64. No keyboard, nice hotcueable buttons, no usb connection and overpriced still.

The problem is that you want so many encoders, that rules out a lot of controllers. Now there is something you could do. I started dj'ing with a midi keyboard. I mapped it myself, it has 16 pots, pitchwheel an a modwheel. The modwheel is just awesome for effects and the pitchwheel is good for a filter. I bought it initially for producing. Now you could buy a keyboard with drumpads on it to use for your hotcues. There won't be any encoders on it but you will get some extra pots. AND... you have the keyboard, which is really cool and adds some style to your gear.

EDIT

Take a look at the Cakewalk A-500S or the AKAI MPK 49

Tech Mentor

You could stick with livid and go with a Code

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the comments, I did consider to get a keyboard, but rather something small. I really like the akai mpk25, because it would have pads, keys and pots. but its starting to get quite pricy. Another nice option is the lpk mini with 25 keys 8 pads and 8 knobs, but sadly they are not rotary

I was searching through the whole internet to find an alternative in terms of size/price/controls, but this seems to be the deal. Any more ideas?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

What about a Novation Nocturn for 8 encoders in a really small & cheap package.

X1 has 4 push-button encoders, though they do click on rotation. Also has hotcues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast