using sync correctly
    Tech Wizard

Default using sync correctly

when using sync in traktor i auto beat grid my tracks and check their ok. they are 95% of the time.

i see other dj's using the jog wheel to make sure their tracks are in perfect time but i never need to they are in perfect sync

am i using sync correctly

yeah, the other guys aren't. in theory if grids are all spot on, you don't need to nudge.

however, i'm old skool and lazy, so mine are a touch sloppy in places as i'm happy hitting my jogs

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

thinking about mapping my sync button to go along with my play/pause so it auto syncs
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

ouch, that might get you in trouble in those 5% it is a little off. It might be better to use quantize to get the same result for the full 100% of the time.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Wizard

when its off i beatgrid manually

I let Traktor auto beatgrid most of the time, as long as the BPM is correct I don't really need the grid to be perfectly aligned with the beat. Sometimes the mix sound better when one of the tracks is a little behind or ahead - it depends on the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    I let Traktor auto beatgrid most of the time, as long as the BPM is correct I don't really need the grid to be perfectly aligned with the beat. Sometimes the mix sound better when one of the tracks is a little behind or ahead - it depends on the tracks.
    +1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.