2 man dj groups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 man dj groups

Tech Mentor

Default 2 man dj groups

FYI: [this is the edited version of what i wrote while i had food poisoning] I recently met most likely the most talented and dedicated producer I know who wants to get into DJing. As it turns out I want to become a producer as well as DJ. So we teamed up to do both together. Him and I will release some new tracks soon. After that we will go live. Our dilemma is our set up and dynamic: we are relatively new so we need help on what equipment to get and how to use it and incorporate it. One of my ideas is to use traktor scratch pro 2 with a traktor audio 10 and mix 4 decks: 2 track decks and 2 sample decks each sample deck having 4 mini sample decks... From a producers stand point he could make songs on the fly with the sample decks and I manage the main decks and effects processors. We would really appreciate anyones input on the subject....
    Last edited by djgringo; 05-23-2011 at 04:56 AM.

wow... no punctuation makes for a difficult read.

dont want to be a pain, but formatting your post a little will result in more people reading it - and more importantly, more people answering constructively.

Is there a question there or just a story?
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

my eyes hurt i cant even read that
    can we get a translator in here?.

Tech Mentor

Hey guys...
    Excuse me for the bad post and spelling I had food poising last night and needed to distract myself. I am much better and now and can actually write. My question is are there any sugestions for a 2 person DJ group... Dynamics, gear..etc,

Tech Mentor

Yea I'm so sorry about that.

Honestly it's just a matter of figuring out a workflow that works for the both of you. Spending a lot of time practicing together, figuring out how you'd want to mix your own production stuff into other tracks and the like.

Really, just hang out and fuck around with music for ours until you get a flow. It's what I've been doing with a couple buddies lately, and it's a lot of fun.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Honestly it's just a matter of figuring out a workflow that works for the both of you. Spending a lot of time practicing together, figuring out how you'd want to mix your own production stuff into other tracks and the like.

Really, just hang out and fuck around with music for ours until you get a flow. It's what I've been doing with a couple buddies lately, and it's a lot of fun.
    I get what u mean but right now we can't fuck around cause we don have that much equipment. We have a Kontrol X1 Numark X6 Audio $ and Traktor Scratch Pro..(I'm dying to get a MFP) This is more like a one man DJ setup. So I guess a better way to get the answers I want is if i sell all my equipment except the x1 and use my save up money I will have about 1000. what 2 man dj setup can i have with that money?

u can do a 2 man setup with anything you could both have an x1 each and a 4 channel mixer and both do 2 decks each or one controls the mixing and the other effects

but if you really wanna go down the group and due route i would use ableton
    opens up alot more doors and if your using your own tracks even better
    if you have an idea you can probs do it in ableton

Tech Convert

you have to learn gear first to "perform" with it. Ableton with an apc 40 is very flexable, sync with tracktor or serato and whatever dj controlers u wanna use.
    allen and heath stuff is awesome tooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast