Mixtrack Mapping
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixtrack Mapping

Im sorry for being a little slow sometimes but I was wondering if I could get a little help from some mixtrack owners.
    I have read the mapping for bums but im still a little confused.
    I have already mapped my kill switches to be hot cues but I am stuck on how to map a shift button. I would like my shift to be one of my keylock buttons. How do I go about that and do i make the other keylock mapping a global assignment since I want them to work both decks?
    thats question one.
    question 2.
    Do I need to remap my hotcues to make them assignable with the shift button, or is it a totally different mapping and as long as I have the shift mapping correctly it will work with the existing hotcues mapping?
    i hope i explained this right.
    I also would like to use the advanced browser function that TGUNN897 mapped but I dont know what I am looking for to change in my TSI file. Can anyone shed some light to that mapping as well.
    thanks in advance.
    I know it seems like I am asking someone to map my midi but If I can get a little help I am pretty sure the rest will start to click after a few tries.

mapping for bums makes me feel homeless.

keep spinn

sorry if I put this in the wrong area, if so please move to correct section.
    Last edited by digi16v; 05-23-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Tech Guru

you can make a shift button with anything as long as you have free modifiers. So lets say for this case Shift (keylock button) = M1

So when M1=0 it is not being pressed. When M1=1 it is being pressed.

So you want something to work when you press shift. Lets use The play button and hotcue 1.

When you press Play you don't press shift. So Play is M1=0
    When you press play to be a hotcue you press shift So Hotcue is the same button with M1=1

That's your shift button. You can assign it to anything as long as you put M1=1 when you want it to work and make sure you put M1=0 when you don't want it to be used on that button.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

thanks haze.
    i actually figured out how to map the shift key.
    R.I.F. is a mother....
    LOL
    but i still dont have a clue how to map my browser to get the improved browser function - nor do I see if I can set up my keylock to one button to control both decks.
    can anyone shed a little light on this.
    If you can... please lay out the commands like mapping for bums does.

again thanks to everyone that has pointed me in the right direction.

Tech Convert

There's a couple Traktor mapping tutorials you can check out on the DJTT blog, just search for them. I learned to map from those tutorials.