Glovepie Gamepad Script By Extra Classic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glovepie Gamepad Script By Extra Classic

Here is a script for 2 Gamepads that I've just made for Glovepie. This script will translate your button, thumbstick and POV into midi.

I'm hoping this might help some of you get your gamepads communicating with your DJ software.

Please note that I use Windows XP although I have been told Glovepie works fine with Windows 7 too. You also need to have Midiyoke or the equivilant installed first.

This script will give you per Gamepad.

Buttons = 12
    POV = Left, Right, Up, Down
    Analogs = 4 (x, y, z, z roll)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyap2duo5025mo6

Remember children to say thankyou if you find this useful
    Last edited by extraclassic; 05-24-2011 at 05:18 AM.

nice one mate

here's another one - just one joypad but it has different 'scenes' so it might help other people with glovepie programming:

http://informationsaustausch.de/?p=85

I wrote a govePIE-script which converts the data of a USB-Joypad into MIDIdata. So you can fire patterns in your sequencer-software by pressing the buttons and squirl filters and effekts with the 2 analog sticks.

All you need is glovepie (a freeware programmable input emulator), direct x8 (or higher) and a programm to route the midisignal inside your computer (e.g. midiox). Then run the script….

Here is a short describtion:

- ALL DATA send on midichannel 3

- 40 BUTTONS (4 Scenes a 10 Buttons)
    - buttons send a single midinote when pressed* -ideal for fire patterns in Ableton LIVE
    - scene selection: press and hold button 5 / 6 / 5+6 / none (left front)
    - buttons: 1-4 (right top), 7-8 (right front), cooliehat (left top)
    *(read scene comments for details)

- ANALOG STICKS got 2 modes (independent from the button scene selection):

- button 9 (left stick) or 10 (right stick) pressed*:
    - x-axis (left-right) 0-127 (CC 99 / CC 20)
    - y-axis (bottom-top) 0-127 (CC 100 / CC 21)
    * if you release the button,the value holds the last position until pressed again

- normal (no button pressed):
    - x-axis (left-right) 0-127 (CC 96 / CC 22)
    - y-axis (middle-top) 0-127 * (CC 97 / CC 23)
    - y-axis (middle-bottom) 0-127 * ** (CC 98 / CC 24)
    * (done that way to get a defined zero at middle position)
    **(this value tends to stuck… move stick slowely or even dont use it! damn bug)

This script might be quite complex, to get a huge output from the few buttons and analog sticks, but it is really easy to handle and ergonomic…. i played it the whole weekend and had so much fun, i even couldn´t stop it
    And - if you want to make some changes - the script is easily to edit….

Tech Wizard

These scripts which use a gamepad button as a 'scene' switch - would they work across multiple gamepads?

For example:
    if (Joystick1.button5) = true then begin
    midi.channel3.c5 = pressed (Joystick1.button1)
    midi.channel3.d5 = pressed (Joystick2.button1)

It seems like it would but my gamepads are in 50 pieces packed away in a box right now.

yes, you can select different joysticks via Joystick1, Joystick2...

A newbie here, I want to use glove pie and loopmidi for my gamepad controller but I don't know how this two will help me, I alreasy installed loopmidi and use your glovepie scripts but I have a bad time in mapping it in traktor. thank you for your reply in advance

Quote Originally Posted by phantomrenegade32 View Post
    A newbie here, I want to use glove pie and loopmidi for my gamepad controller but I don't know how this two will help me, I alreasy installed loopmidi and use your glovepie scripts but I have a bad time in mapping it in traktor. thank you for your reply in advance
    before mapping in traktor u need to check/confirm that the script is converting the right button presses etc into midi. the variables tab will show u any variables that change value, tho dont remember if the script actually uses any.

if the midi activity light in trakor lights up when ever u press any button u might be good to go anyway though.

something like midiox (for windows) is handy to check that midi data is being sent for each button press. make sure you're not trying to run traktor attached to the loopmidi port at the same time tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thanks zestoi, Actually this the are things I done for the last couple of hours, I installed midi yoke in windows 7, then I downloaded glovepie and Extra Classic Script, when I ran the script I hear some tone when I press each button, I realize it was a good indication so I went mapping it with traktor pro, but at this point I dont know how to do it. and maybe I am missing something, I also tried to use rejoice but nothing happens, hope you will help me. thanks again

not sure what/where the sounds are that you're hearing - but in traktor make sure you create a new generic midi device in the controller manager and then select the loopMIDI input port for it.

from there you just add>in whatever u want to try - going for something easy like 'play' first or something i guess - then click 'learn' and press the button u want. also select the deck u want it to control, or u can make the whole config/tsi deck focussed by selecting a global default - i've never done that tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

i think the sounds come from some sort of internal MIDI converter from Windows, which turns the notes from your script into sounds (as MIDI notes were supposed to).

add the following line:

midi.DeviceOut = 2

the default setting is 1, which is the windows midi device mentioned above.

depending on you configuration you might have to choose device 3, just see what works for you.

hope this helps!

Thanks zestoi and derschaich, I have managed to use midi yoke and rejoice and mapped some buttons in traktor pro using my gamepad, but i never tried to control the it with my analogs, I would like to use it for volume and effects, do you think it would be possible using rejoice?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast