Playing with a live band

Default Playing with a live band

So I'm playing with a band for a live album recording in August. For now, the plan is to use me to transition between songs and do some live effects and such.

One of the ideas we'd kicked out is to have the drummer playing a beat that I'd record and start playing back as he started playing something else, then I could mess with that drum part that I just recorded using Stutter Edit to glitch it up.

Trying to figure out software and such now (do I use Traktor and Ableton or Ableton only?) as well as hardware (I rock the S4 and a MidiFighter these days, but I've got my iPad and a small MIDI keyboard too). It's sort've new ground for both me and the band. I'm super excited to undertake it, though.

Has anyone here ever done anything like this before? Any ideas, tips, comments, questions, warnings?
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

My first reaction is that recording the drums might be easier said than done. I did do a track where I used input from an acoustic guitar and some vocal samples with an electro beat under it, but this was during production. I think it would be pretty tough to accomplish and have it sound good live, but if you can find a way to reliably record the drums well it could potentially work with a DAW like Live.