Recording a mix

Thread: Recording a mix

Default Recording a mix

I want to record a mix tomorrow and I was wondering if it will only record what comes out of the master channel or if it will include what I hear in my monitors. I'm using a VCI-100SE and an Audio 2.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

sorry for the format of this post. i had a nice one before, but my internet dropped when i hit post.

it records the master out
    lower the record gain as needed BEFORE you hit record
    do this with to 'loud' wave forms playing at once.
    lower record gain as needed

if it seems quiet, conver to mp3, use mp3 gain.

come here first, feel free to bump post or PM me about mp3 gain. save your self the trouble.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Thanks for your advice, I got distracted today so I didn't get a chance to try it out (stupid finals) but I will definitely let you know if I have any more questions or need any more help. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

finals are hitting me too
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I was about to post a question thread regarding recording, but I guess I'll do it here.

Is there a way to have a limiter of sorts on your recording, or is the only way to really regulate by lowering the record gain?

Does the lowering of record gain keep you from maxing out your levels accidentally, or is it just the final level of the mix?

Answers Pl0x.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

if you are using the internal recorder for your mixes, then what theory mentioned is great advice. make sure your master isnt clipping for a start, and tweak the recording level as needed.
    for myself i usually set my master gain to about -5db, and the recording gain to about -3db. that gives me enough headroom so i dont have to worry about clipping etc. later i will boost levels as necessary in audition. mp3gain is a great little tool for levelling out tracks beforehand as well.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "