Recommend me some catridges/stylus
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Recommend me some catridges/stylus

I have as some may know an S4, now im considering maybe getting some cheap turntables to hook up to the S4 and have a proper go at dj'ing on vinyl obviously thru TSP2. Now ive seen some on here and my friend said i can have his old ones for a bargain price of £50 haha, now i know they aint anything special but they are direct drive and i aint going to be gigging with them they will just sit in my room probably hardly getting used. Those are gemini ones and ive seen some vestax ones too, i know the vestax are miles better but are also a lot more expensive. I dont know much about turntables so i need some one to recommend me a descent but cheap stylus & cartridge set to buy, i very much doubt i will be scratching but may have a go lol...im in the uk too by the way
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

first off. You'll probably get frustrated with cheap turntables and want something better.
    I know I did, and I had a hell of a mission selling them after deciding I shoulda gone with 1210's in the first place.

One more thing to consider is you can shift 1210's for what you buy them for. Gemini's, stantons, etc are a pain to get rid of.

As for carts and styli; for budget timecode grab some stanton 500's. For the good stuff you want sure M447's
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

i think il go for the vestax ones to be fair.. like i say i wont be using them much but like u say its always nice to have half descent kit to use isnt it i learnt that by buying 2 x1's and a vci-100 only to realise what i infact wanted was the S4 haha
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

google for super OEM turntables. Those tables are dirt cheap and damn strong and accurate!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

i would go for the stanton 150's they match the technic 1210 easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    i would go for the stanton 150's they match the technic 1210 easy.
    But stanton 150's are £400 EACH! You could get a pair of 1210's inc carts and styli for the price of one single TT. They arent that good!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

depends where you looking

i can get a set of technics for £250 (or 150 each)

and some times you see 150s go for £80-130 each 2nd hand its just a case of looking and checking out the right places at the right time.

the stantons are based on the 'super oem' platform. if i were to ever replace my 1200's it would more than likely be with a set of stantons.

Personally I wouldn't get the stantons. You can get pretty much exactly the same turntable with a different brand on them for much less.

edit: not bashing the stantons. They rock. just saying I got my citronics for much less than my mates got their stantons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Personally I wouldn't get the stantons. You can get pretty much exactly the same turntable with a different brand on them for much less.

edit: not bashing the stantons. They rock. just saying I got my citronics for much less than my mates got their stantons.
    they're all based on the Super OEM turntable platform.. all have the same parts that make them work, some 'brands' have different features implemented on top of the basic platform eg. reverse

EDIT: the only reason i singled out stanton, is because they are the most prevalent out of all the super oem brands here in aus - therefore easier to get and easier to get customer service here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast