The Pioneer DJM-T1 mixer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Pioneer DJM-T1 mixer

Hello everyone!
    I am new to this forum, so excuse me, if I posted this theme on the wrong place.

I have decided to buy my first mixer, and I fell in love with the pioneer latest DJM-T1 Traktor compatible mixer. Now I have been mixing for some time with DJ Traktor, so I believe that this is a perfect match for me. But however I have some questions:
    1. Can I use this mixer with the latest Traktor DJ 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQjaQ6rWpw)?
    2. Can I use this mixer without the twin decks?

I am limited with my money reserves, so I would like to buy mixer only first. Could there be any problems when mixing? I was thinking about it, and basically you don't need the twin decks for playing the music, because it is all on the hard drive. I am going to buy the decks later, that is for sure, but now I don't have the money.

The problem when not using the two decks is the beatmatching. I have been using the sync button so far, but yes, I had some problems. Never the less, those were only small problems, and the were easly covered with effects. Could I perform using only the laptop with Traktor DJ 2 and the mixer DJM-T1, or do I must have the twin decks?

I have been also thinking about the two different options:
    1. The new Pioneer Traktor compatible controller, DDJ-T1.
    But there's a problem. I will have the controller probably only till I am able to buy the full set, that means, that later on, I would have to sell it. Not actually my style.
    2. The 2xCDJ & DJM 350 set. A great thing, especially for the beginners. But the mixer isn't compatible with Traktor, and that means a lot less effects.

Now, when I buy something, I intend to keep it for some time, that is why I would like to buy DJM-T1 mixer? Could I perform on gigs with ONLY the DJM-T1 and the Traktor software or not (that would last for a year probably, then I will definetly buy the twin decks)?

Thanks for your help!

Here is also the site to the new mixer:
    http://pioneerdj.com/index_f.html#/en/products/djmt1
    Mix it!

uh...wow...that's a 1600 dollar mixer... you can get a Denon x1600 that has full traktor connectivity and save yourself about 600 bucks and use that to buy some CDJ's...

how do you expect to beatmatch without jog wheels?

Honestly I'm just really confused as to why you think you need this mixer as opposed to the many others that are out there and why anyone would spend 1600 dollars on a 2 channel mixer that has obviously never REALLY DJ'd in their entire life...

Plus you don't just need the mixer - you need headphones, good speakers, and cables.

Headphones are 100-200 dollars, good speakers will run at least 150 (for the lowest end reference monitors).

To me you seem like someone who buys a BMW or Mercedes and then puts 100 dollar "rimz" on it to seem cool. My advice? By a cheap midicontroller and learn how to actually DJ before you go dropping 1600 on a mixer you might use for a year if you are actually "money constrained"... People on "tight budgets" don't usually have the money for that kind of mixer.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 05-25-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Hmmm, yes it is expensive indeed, but I do intend to keep it for a long time. Would there be any problems playing without the 2 decks?
    Mix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Neitz View Post
    Hmmm, yes it is expensive indeed, but I do intend to keep it for a long time. Would there be any problems playing without the 2 decks?
    Honestly people have done more with less, I'm trying to just wrap my head around this purchase decision. What do you get from the T1 that you don't get from say...an S4 (besides an actual mixer)... What material difference is it to you to have the S4 or DDJ-T1 instead of the DJM-T1 in terms of being able to play music?

With just the mixer you get less functionality, less decks, less control, and it's more expensive! It just makes absolutely no sense... With the money you save buying an S4 or DDJ-T1, you could buy Pioneer HDJ-2000 headphones or whatever headphones you want, and get a nice pair of reference monitors and have a killer setup... You're just not getting much value for your money by paying into the brand name of Pioneer for a simple 2 deck mixer that happens to have traktor connectivity.

I would honestly save yourself the money. Pioneer isnt like the greatest. There are alot of Traktor certified mixers that are better values. Especially if your new to mixing, having something you cant use all the features of is a waste. Theres so much you can do with the money, midifighter pro, or midifighter and S4 or MC 6000
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

I don't get it. For home use a MIDI device like the Kontrol S1 would be way better and believe it or not, same goes for club use.

Here are two scenario's you can choose from

You want to set up your DJM-T1, set up your laptop, connect those two via USB, also get power for the two, get in a fight with the current DJ over who's taking which CDJ, after murdering him and getting rid of his corpse, connect the CDJ's to your DJM-T1, OH WAIT! Between all the stress and the murdering you forgot to connect the DJM-T1 to the club mixer but you'll realize that soon enough as your pressing play on the hijacked CDJ.
    And then the whole club, including the manager, starts crying and not much later everyone will drown in those tears.

OR

have a nice drink, go up to the currently playing DJ, ask him where you can best set up your gear, get him a drink too because you got plenty of time (remember, no murdering and getting rid of the body).
    After that, hook up the laptop and S4, get power for those two, get some RCA's to one of the line-in's on the clubmixer and when the current DJ is done, you go play some hot tracks, a nice set, get some chicks and no blood on your hands (perhaps later on from killing one of the hookers, but lets hope not).

Yes. In some way both stories seem a little over-the-top but bear with me as both also contain many truths.

Also, for at home the S4 + laptop does not need a lot of space. You still got some money left for a great DJ headphone and a nice SSD for in your laptop.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you want to spend that much get the Denon DNX1600 and Traktor Scratch Pro and you'll still have $300 left over. Then you've got a top quality mixer that's just as good as the Pioneer mixer and has two channel faders for sample decks. You get get the whole set up with that much money if you went with something the the DDM4000 instead of on a single $1600 mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes, you have really got me thinking, because Pioneer truly is great, but overpaid over its name. But yet still, I don't believe that I will go into the controller world, because I will definetly have a mixer + 2decks + DJ Traktor set. So, I am also interested in another great mixer series, the Xone series from Allen & Heath. Now, would you happen to know, which mixer is compatible with the latest Traktor DJ 2? I think that mixers from Xone series can be used independently only with your Traktor software, without the two decks.

Let me ask you guys for opinion: Which set of 2 decks and a mixer with full Traktor DJ 2 connectivity would be the best for the money that I have (1700 euros max, the best would it be around 1300 euros)? Oh, and I already have a nice Sennhaiser headphones, so that really isn't an issue.
    Mix it!

well for that kind of money you can get a HELL of a lot of equipment. Dubfire plays out with 2 X1's and a DJM-800 i think, which runs about that amount of cash second hand. I personally for your situation would get an x1 and Behringer DDM4000, but if you're looking for CDJ's get 2 used 800's and a DDM4000, which is an excellent mixer and perfectly able for home use and for use for houseparties etc, and will get you used to the whole 'club mixer' thing. in the realm of CDJ's Pioneer tend to rule the roost, but i would consider getting a controller to add on!

Sounds great, but what about the Allen & Heath mixers? I heard that they go together really well with the Traktor X1 controller. And one more thing: can the X1 controller be used on the latest Traktor 2?
    Mix it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast