OT: the whisky thread - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Hey Squidot, it's Bols Jenever in dutch.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Here's what's keeping my studio company:

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Hey Squidot, it's Bols Jenever in dutch.
    hey tekki, you sure about that? all the images i've found, including some old bottles seemed to be spelled with a g. either way i was happy when we started getting it imported over here. we had been interested for a while since i'm actually half dutch and have a lot of our holland relatives come visit us. i definitely want to go out there and see them sometime as i've never been (outside of a quick connector flight to paris).

btw, i've had some dimple pinch (i haven't seen the original out here) and it was delicious and affordable. a perfect combo!
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Here's what's keeping my studio company:
    Now THAT is good company.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    oh man i love me some whisk(e)y so i'm glad i found this thread. the girlfriend and i went on a buying spree a little bit back and went a tad crazy getting a new bottle (or two) every week. here's what we have in our bar:....
    So when are we coming over?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Me too!
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    i'm more drawn towards the buttery, toffee and caramel profiles in some bourbons and tend to not like the more spicy styles as much. i also really like the four roses small batch i have. it's great in an old fashioned or on the rocks. i tend to drink all my bourbons this way (or maybe as a manhattan) as i don't usually prefer them neat since the flavors (and burn) tend to be very strong. i love how they slowly change as the ice starts to dilute the spirit letting new characteristics come through while others slowly vanish.
    I just use a few drops of water to open them up rather than ice but it depends on the bourbon; woodford reserve over ice does me nicely. But my favorite bourbon - Black Maple Hill - I like neat with a half teaspoon of water so it stays room temperature. If you want a complex bourbon with a delicious carmel/butter profile without being sweet check it out.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    Me too!
    lol. hollywood is only a few hours away, but south africa? may not be worth it just to sample some fine spirits...you know unless spending time with me sounds awesome enough for that plane ride.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

I just use a few drops of water to open them up rather than ice but it depends on the bourbon; woodford reserve over ice does me nicely. But my favorite bourbon - Black Maple Hill - I like neat with a half teaspoon of water so it stays room temperature. If you want a complex bourbon with a delicious carmel/butter profile without being sweet check it out.
    i've surprisingly never had woodford, which seems kinda crazy. that black maple hill sounds awesome but i'm not sure if we have that here. the bottle looks remotely familiar so i will check for it next time i'm at total wine. thanks for the recommendation.
    thread of free music

here's a pic from a little while ago...it's missing a few of our newer bottles and we have since moved the collection into 2 cabinets so there's a little more room to maneuver.

Last edited by squidot; 12-24-2012 at 04:23 AM.
    thread of free music

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast