so, i just bought the audio8 package...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default so, i just bought the audio8 package...

i had to buy it online so it wont be here for a few days.

I'm not sure what version of traktor i have with it, i've been reading this board for a couple of days and i'm all mixed up (traktor 1,2,3,, traktor pro, traktor scratch, traktor scratch pro etc...)

I was using final scratch 2 for a while..(effing garbage) and i tried a version of traktor and i liked all the features. So basically, i'll be doing straight mixing for a while with the timecode vinyl. I really want to get into effects and looping and i was wondering if you lads could recommend a good controller for this. I have been looking a lot online, but there is almost too many options. I guess since ill be using the turntables to mix, i wouldn't need a VCI 100 (although it looks incredible) but i was thinking of just a novation nocturn..http://www.moogaudio.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1511.. or something along those lines. what do yas think?

by the way, for any canadian shoppers around here, Moog Audio is a great spot to buy.

We talked a bit about our thouths on the novation nocturn in this thread - http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3056 I think the general consensus is that it isnt a very nice peice of kit.

How about a UC33 and/or maudio trigger finger/korg pad kontrol ?

Quote Originally Posted by timgkelly View Post
    I was using final scratch 2 for a while..(effing garbage) ...I guess since ill be using the turntables to mix....
    Since you have experience with final scratch and are now using Traktor Scratch (timecode)... I'm all setup to do it, but sort of found it confusing and frustrating... the cueing didn't seem to work like I would expect.

I'd like to hear your feedback on what you think of Traktor's timecode solution.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by B33SON View Post
    I'd like to hear your feedback on what you think of Traktor's timecode solution.
    1.3 is going to improve the timecode dramaticly, at the moment it isnt doing nice things to the audio.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    How about a UC33 and/or maudio trigger finger/korg pad kontrol ?
    the trigger finger looks good. I def. wouldn't use everything on it, but i guess it would be better to get more, than to get something small only to realize its not enough down the road.

final scratch was decent for mixing only. there was no way i could do any cuts or drops at all. perhaps it was the way i had it set up though. It just seemed highly unstable--like it was going to shit the bed on me at any moment. any time i went gigging with it, i brought a bunch of vinyl with me incase it crapped out. I'd throw on a few records so i could restart FS, or even reboot my comp.

its my understanding that traktor is about as, if not more, stable than serato, but with more bells and whistles(effects, crazy looping capabilities etc)...and the audio8 sounds incredible. I hope this is true, otherwise i wasted a bunch of cash.

but that trigger finger looks interesting, some pads, some sliders and some knobs, seems great.

oh, and B33SON, i'll definatly get back to you on the timecode situation.

cheers

Well, it seems you need a complement for turntables. The M Audio Trigger Finger is a good choice to manipulate the Traktor's FX.

You can try also a midi keyboard with knobs and some pads (like the Novation ReMote 25 SL)

The new Vestax VCM-400 could be useful too.
    Keep on jumpin'
    http://dj3du.com

The new MPK-25 looks pretty decent too - cant wait to get some feedback on how that thing feels.

Tech Wizard

ok, so i have everything up and running (except midi controller), and geez louizzz. The timecode is super responsive, i had one small hiccup, but i was analyzing, had both decks with effects, and a loop on one of them. I'm thinking its because of the analyzing.

as far as a controller, i used to play around with production. I had an old groovebox and an oxygen8...i'll try to track those down and see how they work.

by the way... great board. you guys are great!

Quote Originally Posted by timgkelly View Post
    ok, so i have everything up and running (except midi controller), and geez louizzz. The timecode is super responsive, i had one small hiccup, but i was analyzing, had both decks with effects, and a loop on one of them. I'm thinking its because of the analyzing.

as far as a controller, i used to play around with production. I had an old groovebox and an oxygen8...i'll try to track those down and see how they work.

by the way... great board. you guys are great!

That analyzing can chew up alot of CPU - id suggest analyzing your entire collection before you mix so this wont happen.

Tech Wizard

ho-ly frig.

i just got the upgrade to traktor scratch pro, and its crapping out totally. It seems i can't go into true absolute mode. The master and sync lights are flickering, and when that happens, i'm getting some serious pitch issues, even when only one tune is playing.

does this have to do with me not striping my tunes? I plan to eventually, but right now, i just want to mix with the turntables to try out the new effects.

it also seems to be crashing on me every time I leave full screen mode...it just locks up solid. The worst part about that, is, it doesn't create a crash log, so i don't know whats happening.

I freed up my CPU as much as i know how (no internet, turned off anti-virus spybot etc...)and no change.

by the way, im running vista on a toshiba A210. 2 gigs of ram, 1.9 g turion X2.
    could be the vista i guess. Its just too bad, because traktor scratch runs so smooth, i thought scratch pro would run about the same.

cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast