korg nanokontrol as effect controller
    Tech Mentor

Default korg nanokontrol as effect controller

as topic says... what do u think of a nanokontrol used as a supercontroller for effects? (or even for detailed control of sample decks, regulating individual filter and volume)
    faders and knobs are sensitive enough for this job? anyone has tried out this device?
    it offers so much for a cheap price....

It'll do the job fine, but it's no heavyweight so there'll be no fader slamming.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    but it's no heavyweight so there'll be no fader slamming.
    eheheh that could be an issue!!!

Shouldn't this be in the controller section?

Tech Mentor

woops... you are right... can a mod move the thread plz?

Tech Guru

I have two korg nanokontrols and I use one as a mixer and the other as an FX unit.

They are a very good bang for the buck but don't expect too much controllerist action from it.

Rapid changes on the fader or on the knob can be difficult due to the size, busy interface and quality.

There is another issue, there are no midi feedback to controls the leds in the unit, so don't expect to use more then 1 scene or you will need soft takeover (with I hate with passion )

I said only bad things here but the overall is: Get it now! use it at home, experiment a bunch of mappings maked by yourself, take all you can from this controller and you will be a much better Digital DJ then you are right know.

When you achieve that level, buy another high quality fader/knob controller (or a touch interface) to get crazy with the controllerist energy that we all have inside

Afterall you can't be wrong spending 50 bucks on a mid controller with 9knobs 9 faders and more then 18 buttons.

I will never regret buying two korg nanokontrol as my first midi controller for traktor