Trigger Finger Help!!

Default Trigger Finger Help!!

So i bought one today.. was trying to use it.. on live lite 6 but one question?

Do you need a sound card to use it.... or can I listen trough my laptop.. tried to configure it.. but no sound still... help!!..

how do u set it up...

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Have you confirmed that you are getting the midi data coming through?
    You should see a little orange indicator pulse on the top info bar in abelton when you push a pad on the trigger finger.

when I open live it says audio is disabled choose audio output device....

I followed the lil tutorial on ableton but still no sound coming out of my laptop..but when i press the pads u see the green light blinking.. don't know..

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hmmm, Ill have a play around when I get home from work and get back to you. Though I imagine you should have a response by then from someone who actually has a trigger finger.

thanks.... yeah for some reason I cant hear anything when I hit the pads.... no sound coming from my computer

Well the problem is not with the trigger finger if you are getting a "no audio device error"

When you open Ableton, go to the preferences and open up the audio tab, choose which sound card you intend to use. Click the output config. tab and ensure you have some outputs selected.

after that assuming you have installed the drivers for the trigger finger select the Midi/Sync tab in Ableton's preferences. now there are two ways to use the trigger finger in Ableton

1. though its native control surface settings. which you should be able to select it from "Control Surface" (currently I do not use this as I only see its advantages when you are making beat and synths on the fly or for production)

2. Below you should see "USB Trigger Finger In" and thee buttons "Track", "Sync", and "Remote". You will want to ensure "Track" and "Remote" are chosen.

Now go back into the sessions view of Ableton, take a look at the top right of the interface and hit a pad. You should see an indicator light up.
    If so then hit the "Midi Learn" button and assign your control how you would like the trigger finer to react with Ableton.