Turbo Buttons!proof of concept - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

@denisps2... NHL is just the way Traktor talks to your K1 or KS4.

You just can just set up extra mappings for MIDI, as all the MIDI here (apart from the button to trigger the process which can be triggered from the MIDI page of your device) is just Traktor talking to itself or duino talking to Traktor

More about MIDI:
    http://leftandwrite.com/brian/music/...de_to_midi.php
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Think of it as a little 8 button midifighter.

When you press a turbo button, its like pressing each one of the 8 buttons to the beat, in turn. So, one button press is converted into 8 button presses, but the 8 button presses are timed to the beat (or half beat, 1/4 beat, 1/8 beat).

So from a mapping point of view, its like mapping 8 midifighter buttons (button presses and/or button releases) to effects or cue points or whatever.

But each turbo button has its own 8-button midifighter so you can have each turbo button set to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    @denisps2... NHL is just the way Traktor talks to your K1 or KS4.

You just can just set up extra mappings for MIDI, as all the MIDI here (apart from the button to trigger the process which can be triggered from the MIDI page of your device) is just Traktor talking to itself or duino talking to Traktor

More about MIDI:
    http://leftandwrite.com/brian/music/...de_to_midi.php
    i know i could just put my K1 into midi mode, but what im after is something like in your blinking led video, but it should be in nhl mode cause i use the nhl mode as standard it works better with the rotaries etc.

@guywithknife ok i can understand the concept, so what im curious now is how you actualy mapp the button in traktor. what are the turbo button settings. could you chose more than 8 "presses"

OK, can you output the value of a modifier via NHL?
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

hmm i think not, ill check it when i come home.

hmmm how do you output a value of a modifier?

do i need to go add out>modifier > modifier 1 what then?

basicly everitning is the same as in midi just next to the learn button where you can choose chanels>CC, note, pithcbend i can only choose normal, shift and then you can select one of the buttons the K1 has.

Quote Originally Posted by denisps2 View Post
    Thx for the info, but i actually ment sidetrakd , to see if he did it another way.
    I need something that works in NHL mode.
    Dunno about NHL mode,Its only gonna work with midi using our midifighter firmware.Well this way anyway,some of the other guys have different work arounds!!
    The mapping is just a simple proof of concept.. each note changes the loop size and a few do beat jumps and change the filter so the sound isn't so harsh.the last note turns everything off,deletes the loop and lets the track continue.Its not perfect and works better with some tracks than others but I did just quickly put it together
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

OK. If you can make the K1 buttons light up with modifiers then you should just map them in NHL. For the 'internal' MIDI commands you'll just have to make MIDI mappings - although these won't adversely affect your NHL mappings.
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    i think its called a proof of concept video because it's not about the effect presented but about the possibilities opened by the turbo button concept.
    I stand corrected. My own personal qualm with it is this. When I have to spend that much time not playing other peoples tracks to make playing other peoples tracks more interesting for the listener (or myself), I'd rather put that time into production. It's a personal thing, and by no means takes away from what you guys like about it.

Tech Mentor

Man this thread is just what I need.
    I've been dreaming of cloning the Twitch's slicer mode for ages and only the other day came to the conclusion that modding the MF firmware could do it.
    Turbo buttons were exactly what I was thinking would be needed.

Basically you need the midi clock feeding into the MF and a midi out message for what length the loop is dropped in. You can then devine from this how often to repeat the button press while it's held.
    If anyone is interested I'll give it a full write up and explanation. I might even give this MF source modding stuff a crack I've skim read the source and while I've never written C it doesn't look too bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast