HELP - Audio 2 (NI) with Kontrol X1 (NI)
    Tech Student

Default HELP - Audio 2 (NI) with Kontrol X1 (NI)

Hi everyone,

Note: Traktor 2 Pro, Audio 2 DJ and Kontrol X1 setup

Something just stopped "working" in my setup (note I am a noob to Djing). My issue is that my monitoring through my headphones is messed up. Whatever I am playing comes out of my speakers which are connected to the "output A" on my audio 2 (this works fine). My headphones (for monitoring) are connected to "output B" on my audio 2. However when deck A is on or Deck B is on, the sound is coming out of my both my speakers and my headphones I use for monitoring. I want to be able to monitor the song on Deck B with my headphones only (ie. using hitting the headphones/monitoring button in Traktor that causes it to light up does not change anything).

My settings for output are as follows:

Mixing Mode: internal
    Output Monitor: L (3:Ch B left) and R (4: Ch B Right)
    Output Master: L (1: Ch A left) and R (2: Ch A Right)

It matches my setup but I cannot monitor track B without having to continually listen to track A. Also when track B is on its coming out of both things regardless if the monitoring button is setup.

Any help would be great, Im worried my new Audio 2 is busted.

-Mike

PICS:

Last edited by DjMD; 05-26-2011 at 01:49 PM.

I know this might sound obvious, but did you confirm that you did indeed physically turn the knob on the side of the audio 2 dj for the volume?

You might also want to check out your headphone mix settings.

Have you tried rebooting the program?
    Have you updated the drivers?
    Are you on a mac or a pc?

try routing the master out to Channel B output and see if it works. If not then it looks like your Audio 2 DJ may be malfunctioning.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

This is a common issue people come across when they download a cracked piece of software and don't read the manual....

Fuck it, I'm in a good mood this evening. It's the headphone mix knob, you need to turn it to 0%.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

Default Updates

Yes the knobs have adjusted.

No familiar with headphone mix settings? (I am using Beats Pro)

I am attempting reboot and drive install now. I am running a mac.

I tried swapping the master and monitoring on the audio 2 and in the software (every combination).

ITS AS IF THE SOUND LEAKS from the master out to the monitoring. It is slightly less loud on the headphones.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    This is a common issue people come across when they download a cracked piece of software and don't read the manual....

Fuck it, I'm in a good mood this evening. It's the headphone mix knob, you need to turn it to 0%.
    Noob with TSP2 and a A2+X1 combo kinda gives it away, right?

So it is a crack? We don't support cracks here. Headphone mix knob. It's right in front of you, on your screen. You'll learn more from the manual when you pay for a legal copy in real earth dollars.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Noob with TSP2 and a A2+X1 combo kinda gives it away, right?
    preeeeetty much. Now off I go to edit my holiday videos on after effects, and maybe paint googly eyes on my mate's face with photoshop CS5.

Tech Student

I bought the laptop, X1 and audio 2 off of a friend. All the software was pre-installed worked yesterday. Today this has been killing me.

I found it, thanks a lot guys. I know this was super noobish but you have no idea how much it has been killing me. My traktor bible is coming in soon, so hopefully that will help.

Thanks again!

Your truly,
    DJNOOB

Well if it isn't a crack then you got a good deal. But I think we all know it is.