Jog Wheels with Livid Brain?

Default Jog Wheels with Livid Brain?

Ok so screw everything I have been trying to do. Me and my stepdad are going the simple, and awesome route.

Livid.

Now I know it will take a while but can you somehow make jog wheels with the livid components?

If not, I was going to buy two or four of these:
    http://www.djdeals.com/eksXP5.htm

Just a simple question- If you have an answer please write it

I have a pair of XP10's which are basically the same controller as the XP5. They're not great controllers but are useful for hacking up. They also have a very nice optical rotary encoder inside them (here's the part: http://cn.digikey.com/1/1/18491-enco...600128b66.html) which works surprisingly well as a jog wheel.

I personally wouldn't go down the Livid route - way too expensive imo. If you list the exact amount of analogue/digital/etc inputs you need, I'm sure someone on here can come up with a better/cheaper alternative.

I'm a big fan of Highly Liquid Midi CPU's myself...

im on a 600 dollar budget which i saved up for exactly this and not going for anything too detailed. I will change it up eventually if i want to. But this is the route im going. And i no about those EKS10s but I couldnt find them anywhere thank you for the link

The thing is, you want to go for the 'simple route' and Livid actually requires quite a bit more soldering work to get up and running. It also costs more for no real advantage. That 600usd could be better invested in better alternatives imo

But yeah, to answer your question, you can make jog wheels with the Livid brains... touch sensitivity I'm not sure about though.

Tech Guru

I've been wondering this very same question. Not specifically Livid, but touch sensitive jogs with a DIY midi brain. I'd kill for something like a miniaturized Livid Block with endless encoders and a jog wheel. Does anyone know if any of these brains can be configured for 14-bit jogs?
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by MiL0 View Post
    The thing is, you want to go for the 'simple route' and Livid actually requires quite a bit more soldering work to get up and running. It also costs more for no real advantage. That 600usd could be better invested in better alternatives imo

But yeah, to answer your question, you can make jog wheels with the Livid brains... touch sensitivity I'm not sure about though.
    yea well... Im not in it for just a controller. The reason my stepdad is making me build a controller myself in any way is to teach me how to solder. And since I can have any combination I want with livid- he said why not.