Xone 92 recording?!?!

Default Xone 92 recording?!?!

Hi All,
    I have a question about the recording output of XONE 92.
    Yesterday I had a small gig in a bar , and I wanted to record my set . So the PA system was not very good and I needed to boost the volume from the mixer and the indicators were going to 9/10 ( +6 DB ) and I connected the record out of the mixer with 2 RCA and connected them to my audio 4 . Recorded the mix externally with Traktor scratch pro 2. The volume indicators in traktors were oK, good levels but my first indicator that something was going wrong was the input indicator on the audio 4 , the channel 1 input lights were red instead of green.
    Anyway after the set , I went home and checked the recording file and it was just a big mess. the sound was worst than a old phone recording.

So my question is how could I change the record output of the mixer ? I cant connect it to the booth output ( and use the knob) because the monitor in the booth is connected to the booth out. Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for your time.

is the right input choosen on the input select on the soundcard? also is the right input selection made under the record settings in trakotr? i would try hooking it up again ensuring these things are done and checking out the indicators on the two channels in the record dialog box in your tsp settings while you have some audio running through

OH MAN.... You know what , I didn't pay attention to the input mode , it's verry possible that it was on phono and not on line....
    I'll try to correct that with the drivers next time but anyway, is there a way to control the record output of the mixer or not?

Not to my knowledge. I mean…it's analog, so you could always solder in a gain stage if you needed to…but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.

The Xone's output is really weak…they purposely mis-label the level meter to try and keep people from clipping too bad. Based on my experiments, the last yellow still doesn't clip, and there's still a bit of room left. (on my 62…I'm not convinced the 92 is that much different)

I'd bet they were set to phono and clipping there, and then Traktor's meter somehow gave you a false reading for some reason…which is really disconcerting.

But, well…welcome to the one thing that I think is missing from NI's current cards: input gain controls on the hardware. I've never had a problem with recording in Traktor, but I use an old FS Open to record instead of the modern NI stuff because it has physical switches for line/phono and input gain adjustments on the device.

Try that and report back.

Hit up Lance Blaise he uses the 92 exclusively. Knows it inside and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.