sound boi burial

Default sound boi burial

looking for a sound boy to bury this issue... im recording my mixes externally in tsp2... all my levels and everything are good, no problem with sound quality once mix is done... when i listen to it on my macbook or on my ipod with head phones on... it sounds great... BUT the moment i play it on a car system, it sounds so quiet with almost no low end, and seems to only come out of maybe 2 speakers... any idea on what i can do to the finished wav form to help make it bump? much appreciation

Normalize it in Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

How are you playing it on your car system? Is it through one of those tape adapter things or are you plugging directly into your car stereo?

buy a new car

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Add a compressor in a DAW and compress the shizzle outa it... Also buy a new car, any stuff i record sounds best through my car system
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Screw compression. Your songs are already compressed and mastered.

Make sure your volume levels are consistent throughout the mix. Ideally by using gain correctly when recording, but you can tweak any quiet songs in audacity or a DAW afterwards (note I said songs, not parts. Quieter breakdowns are quiet for a reason). Then normalize. Done.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    Add a compressor in a DAW and compress the shizzle outa it... Also buy a new car, any stuff i record sounds best through my car system
    i meant 'car stereo' clicked send too fast...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud