MF and VCI possibly fried?

Default MF and VCI possibly fried?

I've had my Midifighter for a good 9 months now and my VCI for over a year. But last week I had a accident with my computer (15" macboook pro) where I plugged the Midifighter and my VCI in a unpowered usb-hub and the usb-ports turned off. The thing was that the usb-ports didn't turn back on when I restarted the computer. I send it to be repaired, they couldn't fix it so I got a new one. Today I got my "Time Machine" backup installed on my mac.

As i plug in my VCI there is no lights turning on, no power light, no data send, nothing. I found that very weird and I checked my MidiFighter as well.

The MidiFighter when plugged in makes the flashy light start-up but then just lights the bottom right corner. I can go in to menu mode and boot mode but I can't get it to send any midi to Traktor. The buttons don't either light up when pressed.

Am I completely F****** or do anyone have any idea how to fix this.

I've been crying all afternoon.
    HEEEEEELP! (please)
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

I'm assuming that you're plugging your VCI and Midifighter directly into your Macbook and not into that USB hub?

Yes. Tried both usb-ports.
    13"MBP - VCI-100B - M-audio oxygen 8 - Maschine - Midi Fighter[DEAD] - Audio2Dj - KRK RP8

Tech Mentor

the MF could just need a re-flash.
    fingercross for your VCI.... :|

re-flash?

Tech Mentor

flash the firmware again

Ah. Ill try that. Have any experience if its easier to do it on a mac or pc? For my VCI hopefully I can get it repaired, we are running out of black versions here.

The Midifighter I can't get repaired. Would cost a fortune to ship it from Denmark to San Francisco and back.