Looking to get a pair of decent turntables. Suggestions?

Default Looking to get a pair of decent turntables. Suggestions?

Hey all

I just got a great deal on scratch pro and I'm looking to pick up a pair of turntables. I got screwed over on a Technics deal (seller decided not to sell) so I'm just wondering if anybody has some relatively inexpensive options for a beginner. Looking to learn some basic scratching and what not.

Thanks
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Tech Mentor

Vestax pdx 2000 used, first model with a higher platter - cheap and excellent for everything and a beast for scratching!

If you're learning to scratch, get a decent pair of tables.

If you're learning to beatmatch, get a crappy pair of direct drives. You'll pick it up much more quickly if the tables drift more... then get your Tech12s in a year or so.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Default Numarks

People complain about numarks but i believe they are great. Even gizmo scratchworx main man loves em. you could pick up a pair of tt-200's for under $250 on CL or ebay and they have more torque then techs and the build quality isnt too shabby. or you could go a step up and for around $400 you could get a pair of ttx's which have almost 3 times the amount of torque then techs, theyre built a little better and have digital display. Check em out just my words of wisdom, i own a pair of tt-200 and they were really the table that turned me on to turntablism and scratching even more so then playing with my friends technics or stantons. i have since switched to cdx's the cdj version but i recommend on a budget to go with tt-200s or even better the ttx's you wont be disappointed.

Stanton STR8-150s are awesome, if you see a bargain on those, snap them up - heavier and more powerful motors than even Technics.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

I finally, after years of saving and setbacks, got my Technics 1210s today, and picked up how to beatmatch within about an hour. I've been using traktor for 2 years and have previously used CDJs, but having had a good 4 hour play on my mates numarks and coming away from it being a bit like WTF why wouldnt those beats stay in time, then spening less than an hour today, i would definately say save for the technics, worth every penny and you'll never have to upgrade!

Anything from ion

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

you'll get better tales for less if you don't have to have what everybody else has. The TTX's, Str8-150, and the PDX2000 are all better than Tech's imo. i just got a smoking deal on a pair of new Stanton T92's for $400, but all I do is play music so I'm not real concerned with all the bells and whistles.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    i just got a smoking deal on a pair of new Stanton T92's for $400
    let me know what they are like... i wouldn't mind picking one up one day just as a listening/archival unit.

they retail for about $450 here so a pair for 400 is a steal!