Buying Traktor very soon ... Need osme help tho
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying Traktor very soon ... Need osme help tho

Sup guys i'm getting myself a dvs system in the coming weeks, i already have a kontrol x1,

But can i use it with Traktor duo 2 ? Or would i have to have scratch pro 2 ?

And on another note, i have Traktor LE, Can i upgrade from it to Duo 2 to take advantage of the discount ?
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

As far as i know, theres no direct upgrade to Duo from LE, however if you're going to be using it as DVS then you'll need to get a soundcard made by NI, which comes with either TSP2 or TSD2 depending on the card, hell you might actually be able to get a bit of dicount on the package because you have LE, i'm not too sure!
    There is no direct upgrade to Duo from LE though

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2008

Thanx man, hope i can get some sort of discount. I still have to buy the TT's. So it could get mildly expensive.

Any idea about using the X1 with duo ? Is it possible to use it to control the effects and sample decks ?
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Edit: way too late

You only need Scratch if you're going to use timecode, that is using a special vinyl to control Traktor. Will you be using turntables?

You only mention an X1, in which case you don't need a DVS, you just need Traktor Pro 2, not Traktor Scratch Pro 2.

You can perfectly use Duo 2, but Traktor Pro 2 will give you some more features.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=1991
    Last edited by StephanV; 05-29-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

I didn't explain this very well sorry ....

I wanna use duo with TT's to control the two main decks with the timecode.

And use my X1 to control the effects and sample decks.
    I feel that using timecode will be easier for playing in clubs as they all have cdj's or tt's as standard.

Tech Mentor

Having timecode sure is a plus. As Plw1993 mentioned, you'll need an NI soundcard and either scratch duo or scratch pro, depening on how much cash you have to spend and how many features you want.
    There is indeed no upgrade from LE afaik.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Yeah i'm buying duo anyway

I've found a b-stock duo which i'm gunna go with.

Scratch Duo I hope you mean? with an audio 4 DJ sound card and control vinyls in the box?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Just to make sure you understand. Traktor Pro and Traktor Scratch Pro are two totally separate programs with no upgrade path between the two.

If you're buying Scratch Duo then you'll get a $79 upgrade to Scratch Pro 2, which is well worth the money considering the difference between them. You can check the comparison chart here and see the differences.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=1988

To answer your question though yes you can use the X1 to control the sample decks in TSD2.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yep i do mean scratch.

There's B-Stock TSD2 package's on thomann, Which i'm gunna purchase.

Thanx photojojo really needed to know about the X1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast