Idea for keyboard mapping.... need help
    Tech Guru

Default Idea for keyboard mapping.... need help

Not sure if this has been done but have an idea.... basically me and my mates got for drives the oddtime and when we go for a drive I change to a different mapping so i have play functions and cue points, which I dont like having when I play with my full setup... all i use then is s,d,f and g for effects select on fx bank 2 and then deck toggle and plooping buttons.....

Basically what I want to know is, if it is possible to map a key to switch between keyboard mappings....??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

No, but you could map your alternative controls to Shift+, Alt+, Ctrl+ keys.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

yeah was thinking that alright... I found a solution that changes sound card and everything to simplify it for car purpose... make use of traktor 1 haha cheers for the help though
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

Yeah you can. In controller manager, just add another keyboard and create the mapping you like. When you want to use mapping #1, set its In-Port to keyboard and the In-Port of mapping #2 to none.

Edit: unless you meant you want to map a key to do the switching for you? Which seems like a non-issue to me, since you only need to do that every now and then..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Guru

ha i think its more lazyness on my part, i need it to basically change the sound card to be a smaller usb stick one... different keyboard mapping and a cleaner layout, without sample decks etc.... but realised i can have all this setup in traktor 1 so i can just load and play without having to change settings so traktor 1 for car use and traktor 2 for live stuff

Tech Mentor

Pretty sure you can map most of the layout changes to your keyboard too, and the method I described makes you switch between 'setups' in 2-3 seconds.
    But using 1 and 2 is an option too, indeed!
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds