X1 'Soft Takeover' mod not working

Default X1 Top 2 Orange lights not coming on

So i'm mapping my X1 for sample decks C & D - but the top 2 buttons 'fx1 on' both don't light up at all?

I wanted them so that when i press it they light up bright orange and when i press it again they go back to their dim light - just like all the rest.

all my other buttons are perfect - i press them and they light up, press again and they dim down.

Any ideas or help would really be appreciated.

Thanks all

Use controller editor to fix this -- fiddle with the assignments for the missing knobs
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

thanks, ive been looking in there, can't see a way for how to fix the 2 orange lights not coming on though?

Not the controller manager in traktor but in controller editor; it's a separate program that got installed with traktor. You can assign the actual midi codes the x1 sends out.

Ahh I may be confused ... do you mean in MIDI mode or in regular mode? In regular NI mode the FX 1 and 2 buttons on top don't light up at all.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Ahh I may be confused ... do you mean in MIDI mode or in regular mode? In regular NI mode the FX 1 and 2 buttons on top don't light up at all.
    ????

Sure they do, just depends on the mapping. If you use chained fx units on the native tsi they don't.

Thanks padi, I'll check out the fx thing - although from my memory, my first X1 (that controls decks a and b) has the top 2 lights working fine.
    I have 2 effects units - 1 is chained and the other is advanced.

I will pm you my tsi that I've done so far.

Many thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Sure they do, just depends on the mapping. If you use chained fx units on the native tsi they don't.
    Yes, it appears I'm an idjit - I forgot you can change the mapping for native mode too. Guess I should rtfm before answering questions on the internet

So i just checked out the fx - i have fx 1 as group and fx 2 as single. I tried switching them around but it made no difference.

I would obviously just control fx 1 and 2 from my lef hand X1 - i'm just using the second X1 for sample decks C and D.

the plot thickens!

Ok, what i've just done is - I had 3 X1 .Tsi files loaded - X1 deck A & D.tsi, X1 decks C & D.tsi, & X1 Sample Decks C & D.tsi (this is my one that i'm making)

So i deleted the 'X1 decks C & D.tsi' because I don't need that one, i'm making my own C & D mapping, Now whenever i press something on my second X1 no lights come on at all - they still carry out the function, but they don't light up - they just stay in dim mode. And i still haven't gotten the top 2 buttons to come on at all.

How do i make it so that when i press a button, the light comes on?