Think ive got the VINYL bug :)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Think ive got the VINYL bug :)

So as some of you are aware, i bought my 1st set of descent turntables yesterday, a pair of Vestax pdx-2000's. Today being a bank holiday i got chance to get them set up properly along side my S4 so decks A & B was controlled via timecode on the turntables and decks C & D are running as sample decks controlled by the S4.

Any way this post isnt about how ive got em set up its about how much I LOVE THE VINYL haha... why ive never thought about getting some proper turntables before amazes me!!

I recorded myself for 30 mins before having my 1st play on them only on my iphone tho so the sound quality aint nothing special but im uploading it to youtube so when its done il post the link.

I already want some of the white timecode vinyls cos i think they look the bollox and maybe some snazzy slipmats, any advice on which slipmats are any good would be greatly appreciate too by the way with me being a novice..

Just found it great fun and the turntables are great, the only other turntables ive had was some belt driven ones and i used them once and thought damn these are shit and never used em again haha, but these i LOVE.....
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

i think it's sicmats that have some cool designs... check htfr.com they used to have a decent selection of mats.

and yes, bad man for not turntabling sooner!!

(am still toying with this using vci as mixer when get own place again)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Dear Jesus YES! i bought my first set of TT's the other day and have properly fell in love with them i think in the past 3 days i've spent at LEAST 12 hours mixing on them!

I think it's funny how Digital DJ's aspire to turntables and "Traditional" DJ's are going digital....... I started on TT's and am slowly turning. Although nothing (IMO) will ever beat the control/frustration of touching a record!

Congrats on joining the vinyl revolution
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

i started on dual cd players, then cdj's now its controllers and turntables hahah the perfect match....
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Tech Mentor

Paulmac and plw1993 on the wheels of steel!

Sicmats, Zomo, Dr Suzuki and Slikmats are all good. Butterrugs, flying carpets and table cloths are good for scratching if you want less friction. A sheet of greaseproof or baking parchment or a Teflon sheet under a pair of decent mats can produce a similar effect to a dedicated scratch mat altho it won't be as thin tho, and bring a new lease of life to an old deck with less torque.
    Beware of the cheap printed felt mats on eBay and the DMC crap from HTFR. They use that thick Tshirt printing paint which will crack and peel after a while and scratch your records. The better ones are printed using ink that penetrates into the felt instead of forming a skin ontop.
    A Rodec brush or a velvet cloth to clean out the grooves is a good investment aswell if you're as hands on as I am with the time codes.

cool, will look into getting one or the other then, also looking at gettin some different coloured timecode, i think the white looks super cool also like the glow in the dark green but dunno if thats a bit cheesy or not haha, it will only be used at home so wont matter haha

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    now its controllers and turntables hahah the perfect match....
    Fully agreed. As for slipmats, if your looking for scratching slippyness, try Butterrugs or Magic Carpets....
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

well i would recommend Butter Rugs, they are great for scratching but still got good grip.

And i think I have the vinyl bug as well I bought 1 technics 1200 a few months ago, and looove it. I dont have time code, but still lovin the vinyl. And getting artists I like on it. Scratching is pretty fun too
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Paulmac and plw1993 on the wheels of steel!
    please for the love of god call me pete, i hate my username with a passion!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast