4band EQ

Thread: 4band EQ

Default 4band EQ

Who here uses the Xone eq type and also how often do you use the midlow eq and mid high?

Im thinking about remapping my filter knobs on my APC40 so it's a 4 band eq and setting a mode switch for the filter knobs just a bit unsure if I should do this and how useful it would be
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I just switched to them last week and I think I like it. I'm using the mid hi and mid lo on the same knob though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I don't use the Traktor emulation of it, but I less than three the Xone EQ's to death.

I often use a high-pass filter on the incoming tune to chop the bass out, and tweak the mid-high EQ to pop the melody line a little.

It's only very occasionally that I wish I had an extra pair of hands ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by ellgieff View Post
    I don't use the Traktor emulation of it, but I less than three the Xone EQ's to death.

I often use a high-pass filter on the incoming tune to chop the bass out, and tweak the mid-high EQ to pop the melody line a little.

It's only very occasionally that I wish I had an extra pair of hands ...
    dont we all wish we had more hands

Also I think Traktor should implement the custom eqs and be able to make the eqing more unique.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

for a little while i used the 4eq, had the low and mid low mapped to same knob, but with lower sensitivity on the mid low, so killed more of the 'lower' freqs and still kept some mids, or boosted the lows and and didn't cane the mids

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

im using it.
    but i rarely eq anything other than higs or lows
    so i dont really touch the 2 mid knobs

im only using it because i had an extra knob.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    dont we all wish we had more hands

Also I think Traktor should implement the custom eqs and be able to make the eqing more unique.

Imagine if you could play around and select the bands you control. That would be sweet.

A entire new layer of individuality. haha
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leo View Post
    Imagine if you could play around and select the bands you control. That would be sweet.

A entire new layer of individuality. haha
    yeah the eqs they give us arent the best at all
    I tried them all but like the low kill on the xone setting since it sounds like it does the job like I want with keeping some mid low for some melodic tones to still come through with clarity.
    But would be better if I could choose the cutoffs for east one and by how many decibels so that I can get much cleaner tones on how I want.
    SURE you can do that with ableton and such but for just djing I dont feel like spending a fortune on that =p
    One small feature that can massively make a set sound better.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\