How do you switch it up? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Ah I see I see. I wasn't sure what you were referring to when you meant tools, like effects or something else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    sure,

i had have one that remixes a hip hop song over a big break beat and then slowly slows the song down to the original tempo of the hip hop track. I Use that to play a few songs at 70 bpm then double it up to 140 and boom- big energy jump.
    I think this, and other tempo transitions would make a great blog article.

Tech Wizard

Ian,

Have you ever thought about taping yourself at one of your gigs and then making a video-montage of your song transitions? I think it would be a great way for people to see some of the things you are talking about. Dubbing over the clips with commentary would be absolutely helpful to many many people!

Quote Originally Posted by Constant View Post
    Ian,

Have you ever thought about taping yourself at one of your gigs and then making a video-montage of your song transitions? I think it would be a great way for people to see some of the things you are talking about. Dubbing over the clips with commentary would be absolutely helpful to many many people!
    Yeah, that is a great idea Constant!

i like dropping in loops via MLR/40h that are half or double the speed of the currently playing song.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Constant View Post
    Ian,

That'd be cool but at the same time I almost don't want to know that much in a sense...know what I mean?

At the same time I spend a lot of time listening to mixes and figuring out the transitions.

More knowledge.....more power!!!!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12