Traktor Pro with Mixdeck and Total Control (2 controller setup)
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro with Mixdeck and Total Control (2 controller setup)

Hey guys! So I have been using my Mixdeck for a while and wanna step things up a notch. I have a Total Control collecting dust and I thought I would use it to control decks C and D. I followed this http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/02/2...rs-in-traktor/ . I am using DJ Stormeagles tsi mapping and I was wondering if I need to reassign everything from deck A and B to decks C and D? I tried that and buttons on the TC were still controlling decks A and B... Also, how do I go about routing audio from the Total Control? I have a DJ/IO, would that help? I'm new to mapping but I am really keen to get this set up. Thanks!

It sounds like the Total Control Mapping is set to your decks within the mapping. Go to the preferences, click controller manager, select the total control mappings, click on each command and near the bottom right you can select which deck it effects, set every command for deck A to deck C and every command for deck B to deck D. That should solve that problem. It'll be a bit tedious, but you'll get what you want.

With regards to the audio, you would probably set the mixdeck as your audio interface, so why bother with the Total Control? As long as everything routes back to the Mixdeck you should be golden.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Convert

You're probably going to have some trouble with that since both the TC and MT both run on MIDI channel 1. You would have to reprogram the board of one of the controllers to run on MIDI channel 2. It's the only way to use both of them together. Not sure why you wouldn't just map a modifier to use the Mixdeck to control all four decks.
    2 Technics SL 1200 MK3s, Denon DN-MC6000, 2.3 GHz Pentium Dual, 4GB RAM, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Convert

been thinking about this a little more, wondering if you couldn't jerry-rig it a little with a USB to MIDI cable, an adapter, and a MIDI keyboard like so:

USB-B to USB Female adapter for the back of the TC ($4 on amazon). Connect USB/MIDI cable to adapter ($5 on amazon). Run MIDI cable to MIDI IN on keyboard. Select MIDI channel 2 on keyboard. Run USB from keyboard to computer. That should send any MIDI signal going through the keyboard to MIDI Channel 2 and solve the channel conflict. Just a bit easier than reprogramming the board and possibly bricking your TC. A little cumbersome maybe, but you can use any notes on the keyboard that don't conflict with the TC to do cue points, super knobs, etc. Of course, you have to already own a MIDI keyboard for it to be a super cheap fix. If you don't ebay usually has some for cheap. Just a thought.
    2 Technics SL 1200 MK3s, Denon DN-MC6000, 2.3 GHz Pentium Dual, 4GB RAM, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

Thanks for all the help guys. Voxpace, I am very new to remapping a midi controller. I know the basics but I am still unsure how to program modifiers. How would I go about mapping a modifier that would switch from deck A to C? I was thinking about repurposing the bleep/reverse toggle switch. Thanks again!

Tech Convert

It's pretty simple...although a bit tedious. Under File>Preferences>MIDI Mapping Click on Add>Modifier (I would suggest starting with Modifier#1). Then click Learn to assign it like you would any other function. Make sure you pick a button that won't be easily confused for something else or won't be easily miss hit. (this is the simple part)

Here's where things get tedious:

Then you will have to create all the new button, jog, fader, & knob (hehehe....knob) assignments for decks C&D (I would suggest duplicating all the current settings you have for decks A&B just to make sure you don't miss anything, since I assume you want the same functionality for both sets of decks.) For each new setting, you will have to assign Modifier conditions and don't forget to assign the new deck names.

If you are using Traktor 3 and not Traktor Pro, you will go to File>Preferences>Hotkey & MIDI Setup>MIDI Setup Then click Add>Pages>MIDI>(the appropriate MIDI page.

Then just copy your assignments into the new page and change the deck names.