What's the difference
    Tech Wizard

Default What's the difference

What's the difference between a new-style DJ of nowadays and a DJ Shadow performance, where he uses a MPC3000 with effects (EFX-500) and Turntables/CDJs to recreate his "Organ Donor" track.

It's not intended as a diss. But maybee I'm not getting something, because I don't see a huge difference.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not much difference at all if you ask me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Difference is you can now do it for a fraction of the cost and setup time. Also a much smaller foot print, which in turn saves time so you can add more layers...

he's not using a computer that people are familiar with, so they assume it's "real musical equipment" as opposed to something they could "get at the Apple store."

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    he's not using a computer that people are familiar with, so they assume it's "real musical equipment" as opposed to something they could "get at the Apple store."
    ^^ This plus the idea of anybody that can use a computer could do it!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

It also means if you were a dj 'before' that you have to seriously beef up your game if you wanna stay 'competitive' in comparison (technically speaking - obviously there's way more than that hopefully) because if you don't you're already way behind.

The good thing is, if you embrace new technology you too have also way more creative possibilities than before.