A Decent Alternative To The Kontrol S4?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Decent Alternative To The Kontrol S4?

Hey guys, so I'm selling my beloved S4... :eek: Yeah I know I must be crazy, but after playing around with it for the last 3 months and traveling all over the world with it, its just not suitable for my specific needs. The main issue being the size factor... Its just too big!

I love the S4, don't get me wrong its just too big especially when traveling all over. Setting it up in clubs and gigs hasn't been an issue surprisingly, but getting it around has. So... I've decided to let it go.

So here's my scenario, what other DJ Controller on the market would you say is in the same sort of field and class as the S4 in terms of features, quality, and awesomeness but smaller? I've been looking into perhaps getting the Novation Twitch (Not too keen on Itch though) the Reloop Jockey III Master Edition, or VCI 100 Arcade.

Are there any other viable options out there besides what I've mentioned that should be considered? Please ket me know guys! Thanks a mil!

Dustin V.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Go with novation twtich

comes with an overlay and mapping for traktor so you don't have to use the itch software.

what about the denon version? i think that's a bit smaller? dnmc something or other... i think

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

the denon mc6000 is bit smaller than the S4, but it's few times heavier. The reloop 3ME is about the same, I think.

my choice would be twitch or the vci100 arcade ...

Tech Mentor

hercules 4-mx (or similar) if youre just concerned with 4 deck mixing, obviously mappable, pretty good support too

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    the denon mc6000 is bit smaller than the S4, but it's few times heavier.
    that's the bugger!

vci 100 mk2 is already kind of set up for 4 deck stuff (little switches) so wouldn't require remapping... small and light

SoundCloud

Default Thanks for all you quick replies!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyQuiet View Post
    Go with novation twtich

comes with an overlay and mapping for traktor so you don't have to use the itch software.
    Yeah I was reading up on it now, looks like a good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    what about the denon version? i think that's a bit smaller? dnmc something or other... i think
    Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    the denon mc6000 is bit smaller than the S4, but it's few times heavier. The reloop 3ME is about the same, I think.

my choice would be twitch or the vci100 arcade ...
    The Denon looks pretty good, but I'm not sure about Denon and it looks like a damn busy Controller, lol. Not to mention its also very heavy?

Quote Originally Posted by buddha131 View Post
    hercules 4-mx (or similar) if youre just concerned with 4 deck mixing, obviously mappable, pretty good support too
    I've looked at the 4-MX as I had a RMX before but I'm not to sure about the sound quality and the build quality.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Guru

thinking of the 2 vs 4 channels - if C & D are just sample decks, one could do fine with just 2 channel faders. NanoKontrol comes to my mind (again) as a proper supplementary ...

Twitch looks most sexy to me, and the thing shouts CREATIVITY!

i'm still not sure if i'm feeling the twitch... yeah those stripes are something else, and will appear on more controllers in the future, but that's just the start. be a few better examples along soon enough imo

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

tomflynn replaced the s4 with djm-900 (and probably some x1s or so).

maybe a good choice for Dustin too ...

a denon 1600 would be the cheper choice ... or on the other end, the DB4, would be the awesome choice
    Last edited by loop; 06-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast