Any news yet on a possible release of DJTT's TP2 Mapping? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Not Good news

"I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the forums." Flashflooder

That's not good news, an new overlay would turn our VCI 100's into brand new Traktor 2 controllers.

There are a lot of guys like me who bought VCI 100 SE's or Arcades from your store and expect to have ongoing service not just to be forgotten or pushed down the queue when new products come out.

Please don't isolate VCI 100 owners!!

I would be fine with just the new mapping. I still use the original overlay. Memorizing the newest mapping wasn't all that difficult.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Mentor

yeah im not too keen on replacing another overlay. the current one is the 4th overlay ive put on and im not planning on doing it again. i would however really appreciated a mapping that added functionality to access the sample decks. im very comfortable with the 3.6.4 mapping and dont wont to change too much. i was hoping to trigger samples using the buttons and knobs in the top right corner (currently the sampler which i never use) or by shift + slice/echo/cue/play which i heard mentioned in the forum
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news on this front because with the craziness of the MF Pros and the new web store a lot of other projects had to get pushed back. I have made significant progress on the new mapping but there is still work to be done on the overlay redesign.

I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the forums.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news on this front because with the craziness of the MF Pros and the new web store a lot of other projects had to get pushed back. I have made significant progress on the new mapping but there is still work to be done on the overlay redesign.

I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the forums.
    dont like the sound of that... until recently the overlay was a certainty was it not? now it seems like there is at least a chance the overlay will not be bothered with. The VCI is the acorn from which all of this has grown, and if the VCI is to be consigned to history please let it go out in style and with one final hurrah... an overlay specifically designed for TP2! To remind the S4 that without the VCI 100 it would never even have happened.

Totally agree with you Dillinger23. Please keep it going!
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Mentor

yeah okay i wasnt plannin on doing another overlay but after dillingers post, i agree, let it at least go out in style...
    Last edited by brianpkelly@hotmail.com; 06-10-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

I fuc*ing love my vci-100 and i would rly appreciate a new overlay that matchs with T2. I would def. buy it...

Tech Mentor

Default Support the TP2 VCI Overlay

Very well put guys.

Maybe we should start a petition thread?

We all love this site and nothing originally grabbed more of us than the VCI 100. It's This community's foundation.

You can't keep selling VCI 100 SE Arcade editions in the store for $799 with an outdated overlay and no chance for future overlay designs for TP2, I'm afraid that's just wrong.
    Last edited by Daw-z; 06-11-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Tech Wizard

I agree guys. Im waiting to buy a VCI 100 as I thought a new overlay and tsi were on their way. Without the overlay, I may consider my purchase. I new overlay to match TP2 would be awesome. Im sure enough people would buy it to make it profitable. Ill wait and see what happens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast