ideas for mapping overlays

Default ideas for mapping overlays

ive never posted in this section of djtt >.>

so yeah, i hate having to religiously read the pdf that comes with a mapping so does anyone have any ideas on something to put on a controller to replace the current writing? besides duct tape... or any tape those dont seem to want to remove.

also, i didnt include any actual controller, i would like ideas that can be useful for all known controllers.. IN THE UNIVERSE!
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-GL200-P-Touch-Label-Printer/dp/B000KPFLAY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1307184209&sr=8-6"]Brother P-Touch Label Printer: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IpnDCAzJL.@@AMEPARAM@@41IpnDCAzJL[/ame]
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

i will marry you...

no but really, good idea. obviously my brain is broken.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

i found a vci template, labeled it on pc, printed it, double sided sticky tape and sticky back clear vinyl...

now it's sprayed matte black though..

edit; pics can be found in facebook link in my sig, look for the black/white vci

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I just use labelstickers that i cut up and write on them with permanent markers in different colors. It's not the prettiest maybe, but by far the most flexible and solid solution for me, since i tend to change mappings on a weekly base more or less.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I have a labeler, but that stuff is expensive so I use masking tape. It comes off easily and lets me get my head around new mappings. I end up memorizing it eventually anyway.

You can also print of a layout on regular paper after you used something like photoshop to type in what you want it to say and then laminate it. I might have read somewhere that Kinkos can print on material similar to the X1 plastic stuff.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

current map isn't labeled

HARDCORE BABY!! lol

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

You can also print of a layout on regular paper after you used something like photoshop to type in what you want it to say and then laminate it.
    That's how I've been doing it lately then use some double sided tape to hold it in place