*Buildlog* One more midi controller...

Default *Buildlog* One more midi controller...

Hi guys,

So, i'm one more guy doing a midi controller.
    I already bought some buttons and other components which I'm waiting for arrive.

I'm using a Teensy++ with pins and already coded part of what i want.
    I'm a house dj (let's say this way) and lounge and stuff but anyhow, i'm thinking on things to get onto the controller so I can control effectively traktor.
    Ideas?

Anyhow, looking for cheap jog wheel, I just need the "cap" because i already have rotary encoders which I think are enough for a dj who plays house and lounge and stuff, I don't need scratching, I just need to cue so... Also looking for two faders for the pitches...

I'm from Europe, so... I can't buy stuff from digikeys or mouser (too expensive) I'll have to see in Europe or China. Does anyone know suppliers?

I'll keep everybody posted...

I'm looking for a decent platter 'cap' as well... let me know if you find anything decent.

The best I can find is:

http://eks.fi/shop.php?p=purchase&o=Spareparts

check the jog wheel for the XP5

edit: you could then glue/attach a 'vinyl cdr' to the top:

Kind of expensive that wheel... For that price... I prefer to use a CDJ one!

try alibaba.com and negotiating with a suplier for small amounts
    great stuff dirt cheap made in eastern asia and built of high quality most of the time
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

I'll see... When I tried to buy something there... the shipment was expensive.

Found this: http://pt.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?sku=1520821 perfect for what I want but farnell only sells for a minimum of 30e which sucks because I just want 2 of those, 2 faders and 1 other knob.

Anyhow... here is the design of the controller.

What do you think?

I really like that design - it's got a minimal amount of controls but pretty much everything you need. Are the "value" knobs going to be multipurpose? will the LCD screens update with the "value" data?

I'd be up for getting some of those caps btw - would it help if we tried to organise a group buy?

Maybe.... maybe it would be interesting to do a group buy.
    Do you have msn /skype / google talk?

Yeah I think that those buttons are enough. I'll use a vestax vmc-004 as an external mixer. The switch on the top of the tap is for the tap button by the way. I prefer to use the shift to use the C deck. C deck will go for vocals and dj tools so... and I won't need a D.

Knobs value and on buttons are for effects but still... I don't know if i'll go with that. Any ideas?

About the LED displays... The idea was to use them as time remaining counters but changing a display for what we're doing it's an interesting idea!!

Now I need, two faders, knobs for the faders (more than 2 because I need them for the mixer also, but these I think that ebay is really cheaper), those 2 big jogs, 3 more pots (its better to buy 5 on ebay) and the nav/seek knob. Still waiting for everything else to arrive :s I also bought 50 squared buttons.