Traktor On The record #22 is now on-line @ NI
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor On The record #22 is now on-line @ NI

thought this might be interesting for many of you. The #22 edition of the Traktor On The Record thread is now filled-in with the answers:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=139699

The good news for me are:
    1) The S4's internal mapping will become more flexible
    2) There will be some controller manager improvements
    3) Maschine integration is coming, but no FX send/return through maschine though
    4) 4 band EQ mode on the S4 will be possible

My overal feeling is that there were not enough questions, hanse, the limited amount of information disclosed.

What are you thoughts?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    2) There will be some controller manager improvements
    The answer to proben's lengthy and well worded question on the controller manager.

There are no plans for this specific feature in the near term because we’re focussing on some other aspects, but your point is noted.
    The way I translate that is that something is changing in the controller manager, not that it would improve.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

3) If you've got a soundcard with lots of I/O (like my audio10) you can already use route audio into/out of Maschine and do what you like to it inside Maschine.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

@photojojo: lol, i'm optimistic and think that there will be improvements out of these changes

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    3) If you've got a soundcard with lots of I/O (like my audio10) you can already use route audio into/out of Maschine and do what you like to it inside Maschine.
    If it's on the same computer, what's the point of sending it all over the USB, the D/A and then the A/D stages and finally back over the USB for additional processing with the Maschine app. It's just not optimal, but I admit that there are ways to work around these limitations.
    Last edited by loop; 06-05-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: adding response to lethal_pizzle