[Digital jockey 2] Need some help mapping!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default [Digital jockey 2] Need some help mapping!

Hey there guys,

Im new here, i've been trying to get a hang of my digital jockey 2 for about 2 weeks now and i must say i'm doing pretty ok.

Im having no trouble at the time mixing songs (without syncing, but hey it's digital so it's not that hard to learn) so im trying to get more into build-ups, effects and whatnot.

Now i'm annoyed by the fact i have to activate shift to use my filter, and i would like to map it to my "Gain" knob so i can use it properly without the hassle of shift slowing me down all the time.

Ive done some googling but the newer version of traktor pro 2 doesnt show the same settings panel as the one in the old tutorials, so im kind of lost now.

Is there anyone that could tell me how i do this in the new version of traktor pro?

Thanks in advance

Maybe you should have a look at the manual....just sayin'....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

so the filter knob is gain when pressing shift? or the gain knob is filter when pressing shift?
    which round is it?
    and you want the shift removed? or the process streamlined?
    is it press and hold at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Maybe you should have a look at the manual....just sayin'....
    manual isn't detailed enough for this question imo... and it's specific to the controller not the software
    so i think you should let OP off...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

I would just like the Gain knob to be changed into Filter, without using any form of shift (I dont want to use shift to use filter)

And the Gain knob to be changed to the old Filter (Shift + HIGH)

Hope thats clear enough.

( And yeah, the manual's about 4 pages long)

First thing to do would be to figure out what the knobs midi value is.

Go into the contoller manager:

Add in> mixer> filter

Click the learn button so its lit up. Turn the knob you want to use.

Anything that lights up yellow in the assignment table means that its in conflict with what you just mapped.

You'll have to sort that out.

I assume you don't want the gain knob anymore so just delete the functions.

Also you wanna set:

type of controller: fader/knob
    interaction: direct
    assignment: Deck A (or B)

You also wanna tie filter on to the same knob

Add in> mixer> filter on

Type of Controller- button
    interaction- hold
    assignment-deck A or B

I'm not entirely sure of the filter on function but I'm pretty sure that will work.

I think that answers your question but I have a couple for you:

Are you planning on ditching the gain control? or do you have another plan for mapping another knob?

Also, I'm just showing you how to map the filter on the mixer section theres a bunch of other commands required to hook up a filter from the chain or advanced effect sections. This should get you started.

You pretty well just have to mess around with it until you start to get it to work.

Good luck.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

or...

find the filter inputs and learn the gain knob to it
    find the gain inputs and learn the hi knob to it

srsly ryan, you make it look so complicated, especially when you talk about making random inputs just to find a midi note or cc

is the shift done with a modifier?

edit; looks like shift is a hardware thing, no mods. so yeah find the relevant mappings and learn the opposite knobs to them (hold shift when turning the hi knob for gain mapping)
    Last edited by BradCee; 06-06-2011 at 08:40 AM.

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    manual isn't detailed enough for this question imo... and it's specific to the controller not the software
    so i think you should let OP off...
    Qft, the OP is principally asking how MIDI mapping in Traktor works which the manual does explain

(I mean, his problem is really really basic, it's just removing the modifier condition from the Filter command, adding it to the gain command and then map it to the corresponding rotaries via MIDI learn. So once in the Controller Manager it's like 8 mouseclicks and 2 poti movements. That's not that hard to manage, is ist?)

Edit: Uh, with hardware SHIFT it's even only 4 mouseclicks and 2 poti movements
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Tyvm Ryan and Brad!

It worked

The detailed description from Ryan did come in handy Brad, but your comment made me look at it a little simpler

Thanks alot for the quick help guys!

Edit: I'm new to this all, its hard for you guys to imagine but all these 1000s of buttons, clicks etc look like a puzzle to me, i'll always remember how to do this from now on but you don't have to take it so hard on me.
    Last edited by Retrow; 06-06-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Qft, the OP is principally asking how MIDI mapping in Traktor works which the manual does explain
    if it explained it that well would tutorials pop up all over the place?
    yeah it (only just) explains what each option on the screen is, but doesn't really help with f.a imo...

if it was 'how do i turn the headphones on' then yeah RTFM is a fair shout, but mapping isn't that straight forward for everyone to grasp from a couple of piddly little sentences

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post

srsly ryan, you make it look so complicated, especially when you talk about making random inputs just to find a midi note or cc

Had to take a stab at it.

Roastin' adds flavor

Now OP can appreciate your excellence.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast