Buying advice kind of found a deal...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Buying advice kind of found a deal...

Soundlab DLP1R Turntables and a numark mixer for 30 euro... The turn tables are missing a belt and may need styluses... Want to know is it worth it... Seems like i might be able to fix them up then try and get timecode setup for under 150.... Whats the cheapest way to connect turntables to traktor??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

If you're willing to throw 30 euro out the window, go for it. It's just going to be someone else's junk that becomes yours. I mean, I know there is a wicked urge to just get something... but especially in the music business, you get what you pay for.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

Ino and was thinking that but even if i can get one to work to just learn to scratch a little.... 30euro for a turntable seems pretty cheap, im sure i could sell them on for the same price or even sell the mixer for that price
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Never ever buy belt turntables. They are not even slightly worth it if you want to do anything more than listen to records.

Mixing will be hard and you will not be able to scratch.

The cheapest way to get a traktor based DVS is to buy traktor scratch duo. There are, however, alternatives. Mixxx is completely free and uses xwax as it's vinyl control engine so all you will need is £30s worth of vinyl and an audio interface with 4 in 4 out with phono inputs. Maybe two of those little citronic ones? So about £70 if you want a shitty sound card. Mixxx is a buggy POS though. If you're running a linux os xwax is cool.

What's the mixer? Might be worth it for £30 if it works.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Some numark thing but ill leave it as i have a few other crappy mixers lying around anyways... Was just going to use it with my midi mixer if it was worth while

It's not worth it. Do NOT buy belt driven TTs
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

i think it was a pair of belt drive soundlabs that a friend of mine had when i was first getting into mixing. after first trying some friends 1210's the belt drive ones were a bit of a shock...

usable with some very slippy slip mats i seem to remember - but as soon as you put any pressure on them they just stopped and took soooo long to get back up to speed.

might be fun to play with but probably not if you want to try scratching...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Hah! I started off DJing on similar belt drive turntables in the late 80s/early 90s and to be honest they helped me develop a light touch and not heavy handedness for turntablism. I would recommend you set your sights a little higher and save your money and get some technics 1200/1210s or equivalent decks. You will thank yourself in the long run as you won't have to upgrade to better decks.

Tech Guru

Well like i use a controllerist setup and was going to buy a couple random vinyls and just mess about with them

To any turntablism you need torque, something belt drives don't have. To do any real mixing you need turntables which don't drift out of beat, something that belt drives do do.

£30 is peanuts. May as well get them for a laugh. They will be total shit though.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast