Wind/search with knob on MPD24 in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Wind/search with knob on MPD24 in Traktor

Hi,

I would like to use one of the rotary knobs on the Akai MPD24 as wind function in Traktor. The knobs are infinity-type, and when I address it with the wind function in Traktor, it wind back and forward, but I need to find the middle point (MIDI 64) of the knob to make it stop winding.

But I would like the wind to stop when I stop turning the knob. Does anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by djgstefan View Post
    I would like to use one of the rotary knobs on the Akai MPD24 as wind function in Traktor. The knobs are infinity-type, and when I address it with the wind function in Traktor, it wind back and forward, but I need to find the middle point (MIDI 64) of the knob to make it stop winding.
    This is the MPD24's main failing. It has rotary knobs on it's control surface, but the software inside the machine only reads them and outputs normal ControlChange messages on them. They're rotary so when you change "page" you don't get jumps when you use them, but that utterly misses the point of having rotary knobs on the device - there's no way to get them to send relative Increment/Decrement messages. You're stuck with old fashioned 0-127 CC messages.

A software patch to the device could conceivably enable this feature, but AKAI have moved on to bigger and better devices. So sorry, no help there. They're rotary knobs that think they're normal Potentiometers.

I say we go round to Akai's and kick the doors in. WHO'S WITH ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    I say we go round to Akai's and kick the doors in. WHO'S WITH ME!
    Count me in!