Numark OmniControl for 175?
    Tech Wizard

Default Numark OmniControl for 175?

Should I go for it? I was thinking about getting something nice like an S4 or something, but is that a really good deal for 175? How are the jogwheels?

Tech Guru

I use one, jog wheels are shit for scratching but with a guy called djstormeagles mapping for it with traktor its perfect wouldnt change it for any other controller bar adding cdjs eventually
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

i now have an S4 & TP2 & wouldnt look back. I started with an Omni & traktor pro. The jogwheels are only good for searching a track & are not touch sensitive. But i set mine up to work only with a shift key mapped as i found they are very easy to knock when playing causing it to go outa sync. As stated above With a decent mapping they are hours of fun (albeit only as a two channel mixer) Although i could see it becoming limited with TP2 on its own. At that price i would grab it, Throw it together with a midifighter for the meanwhile & save for the S4. But if ya hav the cash then grab an S4.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

I had a Omni about a year ago. If you have the patience and a steady income I would wait and go for the S4. However if you are just starting out/ can't afford an S4 at the moment I would consider looking at the Hercules RMX. The cue, and play/pause buttons got very irresponsive on my omni.
    Last edited by Wala; 06-08-2011 at 09:41 PM.

I'd hang on for the S4. I had an omni control but within quite a short time I felt limited by it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Sure at 175 whats the resale on it? If you can sell it second hand for that?? Why not get it as a temperary fix?
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

You can't resell it for that.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

It dont say where hes from or a currency i bought mine for 220 euro second hand which at the time was very cheap, think i could still blag 200 for it if i tried, it has nice red knobs for the effect and centre section

lol, only just realised. Was automatically thinking in pounds.

re. How are the jog wheels:

appalling compared to more modern touch sensitive ones.

Tech Guru

Jog wheels are completely shit just use them to cue up songs and my cue button is slowely playing up but other then that its ok, its weird that my hercules mp3 e2 has no problems bar a broken encoder but that was due to dropping it