Transitioning from Drumstep to Dubstep? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

theres a million techniques and theyre all fun. not mentioned is speeding up or down both tracks during longer breakdowns. this can sound cheesy, but used the right way it's plain awesomeness.

check out "13 minutes of bass" in the dubstep mix competition (mixes forum sticky) for some examples!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Tech Wizard

what i do is....

have the dubstep playing at its standard 140bpm @33rpm on my technics, then use say a high or low pass filter to quiet it down.

when its at its quietest, on the turntable, change it to 45rpm, and drop the pitch control right to as slow as poss.

meanwhile make sure you then bring the filter back up! and hey presto.. its now in dnb tempo, and you can mix the drumstep in. (do it immediately though as dubstep @ 174bpm gets old very fast!)

(:

I like to mix it in over a breakdown and then speed it up during the build up to the drop, it really builds the energy then. (this is going dubstep to drumstep)

Tech Wizard

I can't figure out how to freeze the track.. I tried in both VDJ and Tracktor scratch pro 2. any advice?

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Mix on break downs, backspins (put on an echo effect for a twist), or if you have DVS vinyl you could press stop on the turntable and let the record slow down to a stop and drop the next record.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12