So, who plays Top 40 hits here?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default So, who plays Top 40 hits here?

Hey DJs

So I've been summoned to play at a bar with dancefloor, open till 4am on weekends. In Paris.

This place is pretty lively, people dance a lot and the owners told me their policy is to play mainly top 40 kind of hits.

I'm not usually bothered about that kind of place, but I took the gig because I need a bit of a change and it seems like a challenge and maybe a bit of fun right?

Anyway, I'm not historically a top 40 DJ meister, so I'd appreciate some tips and artists that top 40 DJs know go down well.

I can't really rotate David Guetta with Flo Rida with Katy Perry with Rihanna all night. So any hints will be a great help.

Thanks!

Tech Guru

If its top 40 ull run out songs in like 2 hours :eek:
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

Exactly dude. That's my point.

I can do top 40 for a while, but this is really 4 hours of peak time, from midnight to 4am.

So anything can be helpful here. I can squeeze out a decent set with my knowledge of top 40 hits and I drop my cool and more original tunes in between, I have some cool 80s tunes, Madonna and some great hip hop.

But 4 hours? I need say 15-20 more top 40 dancefloor tracks to be sure.

Any help and ideas much appreciated guys, thanks.

Tech Guru

Find your own style and genre and find top remixes of them... I play a lot of dubstep and electro house so if im playing a more mainstream (narrorminded) club ill just drop electro remixes of the chart stuff, they usually have more energy then the originals anyways.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Guru

Mix top 40 with the style of music you like and put your own twist on it. People will get bored if you just play one top 40 song after another. Also, i find top 40 songs shelf value dies quickly so your often limited and you will run out of up to date top 40 jams.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Mix top 40 with the style of music you like and put your own twist on it. People will get bored if you just play one top 40 song after another. Also, i find top 40 songs shelf value dies quickly so your often limited and you will run out of up to date top 40 jams.
    ....since theres only 40 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    People will get bored if you just play one top 40 song after another.
    If only that were the case
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    If only that were the case
    I know I get bored but I get bored of my own stuff too after hearing the same songs thousands of times... If I here the song "shuffln" again ima drop kick the dj playing it :eek:

Tech Wizard

All great tips fellas and I intend to do exactly what you all said:

- Put my own twist on the night

- Intersperse top 40 cheese with MY own cool tunes (you WILL like my music bitches, ME ME ME)

- Rinse out remixes of Britney and so on

But, I do need more fuel here!

Any artist names at all?

Ta

Tech Guru

Depends what genres youre into?!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast