HP Pavilion laptops for Kontrol S4?
    Tech Mentor

Default HP Pavilion laptops for Kontrol S4?

Hi guys, im looking for a new windows laptop for general use, some gaming and TP2 for the S4, and have set my eyes on the HP Pavilion dv6-6105tx. The Specs are as follows,

15.6" LED Screen
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    i7-2630QM, 2GHZ
    8gb ddr3 ram
    750gb hdd 7200rpm
    Radeon 6770 w/ 1024mb GDDR5
    Blu Ray ROM (overkill i know)
    2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0 for a total of 4 USB ports

I know its over the minimum specs for TP2 but i've know there are users with audio problems when using TP2 for windows laptops. There are however, people who have no problems. (I know smittten dosent have any problems ) So it feels like im taking on a gamble with luck, which just sucks, as i dunno if it'll work and if it dosent its gonna be a huge waste of cash. Just wondering if any1 has used HP Pavilion series6, or more specifically this model, successfully with TP2 + S4? I.e smooth djing with Kontrol S4 + TP2. Should i get it? And i dun wanna get a mac Thanks!
    Last edited by Tornesoul; 06-10-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Tech Student

Hmmmmmm. no problem, let talk on the price

Tech Convert

Default HP DVs

Dont know about the 6series, I have dv9700 4gs ram 2.4ghz dual core celeron 64 bit vista, runs SP2 fine. All of the HP dv series are well built computers. But with Windows 7 and the new Traktor your playing Russian roulette with 3 of your 6 chambers loaded. So be careful, google the exact model and look for any potential problems, AVOID any models with reported southbridge problems. (I need to mention that im not using an S4, just a experience with Hp dv series and Traktor)
    Last edited by dimesach; 06-14-2011 at 02:37 AM.