finger play midi

Default finger play midi

Hi guys, firstly can i say ive had a look on the search and couldnt find anything specific to what i need, ive just moved house and found my old android phone, an orange sanfransisco/ zte blade, i thought i may be able to use it as a touch pad for que points, ive downloaded fingerplay midi, which has 2 multi touch x/y pads and 15 touchable buttons, so itll do for now,

my question is: how do i tether it to my laptop using wifi and do i have to flash the rom on the phone, to use it with tp2

im looking for a real idiots quide here if anyone can help

Sorry man but i think there will be to much latency if you use wifi, try whit some sort of cable
    Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Denmark and i don't listen verry much in the class, cus' i'm only thinking abaut !musik!

i get zero latency with my ipad and touch osc & touchable over wifi on mac

http://thesundancekid.net/blog/fingerplay-midi/

follow the windows driver install instructions.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

thats where i found the details, my only problem is im running xp pro, and loop be apparently is only for windows 7, is there an alternative, im new to all the wifi midi, so sorry if i sound like an utter plank!

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    thats where i found the details, my only problem is im running xp pro, and loop be apparently is only for windows 7, is there an alternative, im new to all the wifi midi, so sorry if i sound like an utter plank!
    no plankiness at all

i use loopMIDI on win7 for virtual midi ports and it says it works on xp too

Virtual loopback MIDI cable for Windows XP up to Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
    http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html

i was toying with the idea of picking up a cheap epad type thing to experiment as a midi controller but the touchosc android port doesnt support multi touch. i'd be very interested in how good/bad/indifferent fingerplay midi works out for you. might make me pick up one of those epads then...

edit: damn! fingerplay midi has a cool xml format for custom layouts - i want to play with it
    Last edited by zestoi; 06-10-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

ill get working on it when i get a chance tomorrow and let you know, it looks ok, like i said im only trying it on an old phone right now but ir it works out ok i might pick up a cheap tablet pad too