Charity Work

Thread: Charity Work

Tech Wizard

Default Charity Work

What up All?
    I'm doin a cancer fundraiser show and its going to be a solid 2 hour set/
    I was told that the crowd is late 20's early 30's.. I'm 21, and i'm used to playing for... a younger crowd... hahahaha

So i'm just wonderin what u guys think about the types of tracks i should be playin n whatnot/ should i hunt down some more house tunes or maybe do some research into hiphop tracks?

My set's are usually electro house and i guess i'm just worried because i havent played for an older crowd before/ any advice will be appreciated

Tech Guru

80's and 90's and classics along with all the usual pop shit... Shouls go down alright... Older people dont like being reminded theyre old so they do tend to listen to a lot of the chart crap
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sepdanger View Post
    I was told that the crowd is late 20's early 30's..
    :eek: Good god man! Go easy on em! If you play that newfangled electronic crap they could stroke out and loose control of their bowels!

Question? Were you asked to play the gig based on your prior performances or did you search the gig out? I ask because if the person booked you based on prior performance then you can do what you do comfortably but if you were asked to play without them knowing your style, I'd ask the promoter what their expectation is. They may just want music played "cocktail hour" style and not "bangin" Electro.

just my .02 cents
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Haha - late 20s - early 39s isn't old you cheeky young mutherfubbers

They were your age 10 years ago so play stuff from the late 90s onwards, probably dance hits from your area, some funky house, dunno whatever's big over there...

http://www.digitaldjstuff.com/charts.htm

http://www.dance-hits.com/
    SC | MC

i did one of those last weekend.... ages ranged from mid twenties to 50+

search around the beatport top 100 for deep house/house/funk+r&b/indie+nudisco charts

tons of good stuff in there.. wicked funky.

and shit... who doesnt liek funk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Wizard

Hey/ I was preferred due to past performances cause people Move When I Groove!! (thinking about that for a catch line on my business card) lol
    And ya thanks guys thats awesome/ i'm hunting top 40 from last year and i'm thinking i AM going to open the first hour with cocktail house cause nobody will be dancing.. and i'm setting up the playlist with a bunch of catchy tracks and then i'm gonna rock the top40 HARD... I guess.....