new direction

Thread: new direction

Default new direction

Hi, Im new here, but I have been reading the forum for a while, trying to get some direction.

I have had Traktor Pro for 1 week now and I am loving it. I have a feeling it will be my saviour........... Strong words I know, but to put them in context...

Over the last 3 years I have developed a healthy appetite and love for dance music. Unfortunantly I have also developed a healthy appetite for :eek:"sssss

This has eventually taken it toll on my life and for a while now I have been trying to shake it. But it would seem i cant help myself. Not so long ago I mentioned to my girl that I might want to begin to learn to DJ, this was met with stern dissaprovel as she was worried that this would bring me closer to my devil rather then further from it.

I work offshore, so every 5 weeks for 5 weeks I return to work on a ship, its during this time that I usually spend meditating on how good it will be to get home to Bali and roll again.

How traktor has changed this?

Now that Im using traktor, all I can think of is what songs to mix, what will I get next, what set up do I want, how long before I can play my first gig. This is my new Mantra. Traktor Traktor Traktor Traktor Traktor Traktor....

Its all very good timing, Mixing music is going to let me derive that enjoyment of House from a different direction, A more creative, a more healthy and a more rewarding direction.

In 4 months time Ill be a Dad for the first time.... I hoping I have my shit together by then.

First Time - Etienne Ozborne & ROR Remix..........

The track I am listening to right now..

North.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tell your girlfriend not to worry, you wont be going out to be bombing pills because you will be too busy learning djing and getting a rig together - by the time you have finished that you will be well detoxed lolz.

She should be more worried about you developing a gear fetish.

Welcome to djtt.

Well if bein a dad doesn't keep you away from the ills a Djing software wont help either . Just stay focused and try to get enjoyment out of life and music and your loved ones rather than a substance . I've edited your mantra I'm gonna be a dad , I'm gonna be a dad , I'm gonna be a dad , I hope I can find time for Traktor .

Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,

The process is so simple in making one, but Im still completly dumbfounded....

And Altogether very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,Im going to be a dad, Im going to be a dad,

The process is so simple in making one, but Im still completly dumbfounded....

And Altogether very excited.
    Awesome man you should be ok .

Tech Wizard

Music is the biggest drug of all Once that fully gets into you there's no turning back. Like BentoSan said beware of the gear fetish. So be prepared get yourself an ebay account for all that gear swapping you'll be doing.. Congrats on the baby