VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI 100 TP2 Overlay...WE WANT ONE!!!

Just before I say anything, I absolutely love this site and appreciate all of the work the djtechtools team are doing for the controllerist community....however...

I really think they should consider very carefully the possible decision to not create a new TP2 overlay for VCI 100. I love the arcade edition which I bought from the store and when I purchased it I was of the understanding that future support would be there.

In my opinion the VCI is still up there with any controller on the market as long as the DJTT team invest time and effort on mappings.

Please remember the shockwaves sent out when DJTT first released the 3.0 mappings, I am 100% sure this will be the case again when they release the TP2 mapping, however, without the overlay, it will struggle to match 3.0 success.

DJTT still sell both the SE and Arcade editions on the webstore therefore I feel they owe all future customers a promise of support especially given the $799 price.

The work they are doing with the midifighters is amazing but I really hope they don't fall into the trap of concentrating solely on one product. This relatively new controllerist community thrives on variety and evolutuion!

Please show your support for a new overlay by contributing to this thread.

Gareth

Tech Mentor

hey there, I am in 100% agreement with you on all counts, let's get as many names on this thread as possible, 1. to show that there is going to be a market for the overlay, & 2. make visible our concerns as laid out by Gareth above....

... another point just occurred, if they still buying VCIs to recondition and sell on the website, why would they not want to sell VCIs with a current mapping for TP2? surely it would only help them sell more of the units anyway???

Here's hoping our comments are taken to heart, as they generally seem to have been in the past, one of the very qualities that has always made us all feel part of something special through membership and patronage of this forum.

Tech Wizard

I agree guys. I'll probably get the VCI arcade anyway but ongoing support has to be a must. Problem is there is only one guy sorting out the mappings. As long as they promise to design one, I won't mind waiting. But to dismiss it all together won't be a good move. People have paid alot of money for these controllers and continue to pay good money. Come on DJ Techtools, do not let your core members down.

Tech Mentor

well, what concerns me is this; now that Vestax are no longer producing the VCI 100, my beloved DJTechTools are happily buying up all the units they can get their hands on to effectively make them the only supplier of VCI 100s and, if the subtly alluded to possibility in the 3.6.4 mapping thread has any meat to it, there is now the possibility of being no future overlay (for TP2). Effectively making tech tools like any other manufacturer/supplier of a product, supplying a product with its own obsolescence built in, like simply EVERYTHING ELSE we buy. It would be turning their backs on the very (and very beautiful) thing that pretty much got all of us, tech tools/us the fans/everyone to where we are today. Some might argue that it is simply that the VCI 100 has had a good run, and its now over... but i say, nay SCREAM, "no it most definitely is not!" What made this all so special in the first place is that they offer an organic and continually evolving after market modification that takes a sturdily built product whose like, let's face it, is never to be seen again (absolutely ALL controllers are now made of plastic including the VCI 100mk2), and breathe into it an almost infinite lifespan! I mean talk about a convergence... an alignment of the stars... a near indestructible chunk of metal married to a potentially limitless number of fresh skins able to keep up with years and years of continually evolving software! It was and still is something completely unique, not just in the field of DJing, but in pretty much any sphere involving technology products I can think of.. ok, perhaps i am getting carried away a bit here (I'm ¡n fact certain of it, but I can't stop myself now) the Tech Tools VCI is a f***ing PHOENIX! an immortal creature capable of rising from the ashes reborn, EVERY time there is a new Traktor.. Traktor Pro 2? I say PAH sir, I expect to be rocking it in my 50s with my trusty tank of a VCI 100 and Traktor Pro 7 i tell you!

So yes, its all changing (which is natural) they are looking for financial officers, CEOs, Midi fighter is taking off, they now sell other products in a larger store... Change is inevitable and completely natural, but I really hope that in the rush to become something else, and something bigger, they do not leave me (us?) and my sturdy VCI behind, and I would add one last word of caution that I would give to anyone (as the failed venue owner/operator from London I am), consider well abandoning the very activity that got you where you are in favor of seemingly inevitably successful alternatives. Life really is full of surprises, and I'm a huge believer in the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' approach to life, and I learnt that the hard (and very expensive) way.

Tech Wizard

I love the midifighters, and I was going to buy an SE from the store, heard about the mapping/overlay issues, and chose not to. So until I hear about a new overlay...probably won't buy one. Guess that doesn't really matter though since somebody will probably buy the 25.

Tech Mentor

but you have rather nicely illustrated a previous point. If VCI 100 not going to have a TP2 overlay, what is the point in buying one at all now?

Tech Wizard

Well...it's not like they're making them anyways. DJTT has basically no actual money to lose on this.

Good points.

We are definitely at a crossroads.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Mentor

@aligned. i know dude, kinda my concern.

But I am really hoping that Ean et al do think long and hard on this one, feel the love that we all have for this project, and do continue breathing new life into the VCI. I think my own personal opinion is probably a given by now, but i REALLY would like to see a VCI overlay that would give the S4 a run for its money... so I will be keeping fingers crossed.

Tech Mentor

@Dillinger23 probably the most passionate post I've read on this forum, absolutely amazing.

@aligned it's not all about the benjamins, it's about loyalty to those members who through VCI purchases have made DJTT what they are today.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast