Hot cue , LPD8 and Timecode record
    Tech Convert

Default Hot cue , LPD8 and Timecode record

Hi guys , first I Don't really know if I must post this thread hier or in the "mapping section" and sorry for my bad english ... I'm a young french 17 years old .

So here is my setup :

-Traktor pro 2
    -Audio 4 DJ
    - 2 vinyls turntables
    -Akai LPD8 controller
    -Macbook pro 13" 2010

Here is my question : When I mix in timecode mode with the vinyl records I can only use the hotcue when the tracks are played . For example : my Deck A is playing , I stop my deck B and try to use hotcue with my LPD8 on the deck B : nothing take place .

While when i'm in basic mode (I Mean without turntables only laptop and mouse) I can control my hotcue when the track is stopped .

I hope You unterstood what I mean ^^

Thanks !

Tech Mentor

Do they play when holding the pads down?

It's not your mapping, apparently hitting the cue points does not play anything in timecode mode if the record is not going. Try clicking the hitcues in the advanced cuepoint panel, it won't work either.

Tech Convert

No , It's the the same when I'm stay clicking the hotcues in the advanced cuepoint panel if the record is not going : the "head of reading" (of the grid on traktor) take the position of the hotcue but it's not playing ...

Anybody have a solution ? =/

traktor plays the vinyl movement from your CUE-point just as it should, in this case it doesn't play anything because your vinyl is not moving.

you can imagine this as if you had a regular vinyl:
    you can choose a certain point on your disc by dropping the needle or moving the platter with your hands, but as long as the vinyl doesn't spin there is no sound.

-> you have to either switch on your turntables or exit the timecode mode for this deck.