Ask Questions about Traktor Pro

Default Ask Questions about Traktor Pro

Whats going on guys. I got a question and hopefully you can help me. Some of my midi mapping got fucked up and now my jog wheels don't control the track or scratch. So I tried to map it back to what it was but i cannot find the label it is under. I go to midi mapping and try to add a function right. but what is it under? transport -- scratch? help me out. and ask more questions.

You seem to have not much clue about midi mappings (no offense). Why don't you reload the .tsi file you are using?
    If you are using a complex tsi like ean's chances are you gonna screw up even more if you try to fix it.

If you want to mess around nonetheless, here's some instructions:
    • Find out if you deleted the scratch function or just mapped it incorrectly. Sort your midi mapping dialog by midi function and find out.
    • If you don't find the Scratch / Scratch On Midi Functions add them (you already figured that out).
    • Set the Assignment on both functions to Deck A.
    • Select the "Scratch On" function, be sure your VCI's Scratch button lights up (turn it on if it doesn't), hit Learn and TOUCH (not spin) your jogwheel. A note value appears in the list.
    • Leave the other options untouched.
    • Now select the Scratch function,
    • get the Assignment right, hit learn, SPIN the wheel, don't stop spinning - deactivate learn. You should now see a CC # value in the list.
    • Set the control type to Jog (I think 3fh), adjust sensitivity.
    • Duplicate the functions, repeat instructions, learn using the other wheel.
    • Done.

Now read the traktor manual and even more important - check out http://www.traktorbible.com.