mixer+dascratch+laptop???????????
    Tech Wizard

Default mixer+dascratch+laptop???????????

i've been doing some research about the controller "dascratch" by stanton...i've seen that some people connect a mixer+ 2 dascratch's.... but could i take the music directly from the computer?and control the change from one song to another with a mixer? lol for example 1 toshiba satellite+ 2 dascratch+ 1 dmx09 by numark(or any other!!) wich one could i use? and how?

thanks!!
    Dave!!
    Last edited by dgarro23; 02-05-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Id you have a soundcard and 2 dascratch units and a analogue mixer you could have 2 sets of stereo RCA cables run from your soundcard to the back of the mixer.

It would be kinda like plugging two cdj's into a mixer - except instead of the RCA's comming out of the controller they are comming out of your soundcard instead.

You would just need a soundcard with 2x stereo RCA outputs.

Tech Wizard

so i need a sound card to conect the mixer to the computer and the usb cables from the dascratch's goes to the computer or to the sound card? i have to do something so that the mixer recognize the controllers?????

Quote Originally Posted by dgarro23 View Post
    so i need a sound card to conect the mixer to the computer and the usb cables from the dascratch's goes to the computer or to the sound card? i have to do something so that the mixer recognize the controllers?????
    the usb cables from the dascratch go to the computer.

You dont have to do anything so the mixer recognises the controllers - all you need to connect to the mixer is the audio channels comming out of traktor into your mixer.

If you want to mix 4 channels you will need a soundcard with 4x stereo outs - this is possible using the dascratch units as they can easily control 4 decks.

Tech Wizard

awesomeee!!!! lol thank you very much!! sorry for the silly questions!! haha i just started with the dijing!! i just bought a vci-100 and i'm thinking of buying this 3 things!! wich mixer should i use? stanton or numark? which one is better?or what other shoul i buy?

If your just starting then master one device at a time i would say - buy slowly over time as your buying decisions will evolve as you learn more and you work out where you want to go.

So if you dont have a multi channel soundcard already pick one of them up and stick with just the VCI for a while.

If you are really dieing for more and want 4 decks i would sooner buy two dascrastch units to go with your vci than i would buy a external mixer.

Tech Wizard

i'll do that.thank you very much!

Default Who needs a mixer??

Get a mouse, not a mixer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1UCy8h8yY

There's that movie again.

Some prefer regular mixers to MIDI, might sound strange to you. But it's perfectly normal for the other.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

actually i prefer Midi that's why i wanted the dascratch's... i've always mixed with midi...and i don't like to use the mouse......