VCI-100SE and Kontrol X1?? 4 Decks

Default VCI-100SE and Kontrol X1?? 4 Decks

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone has a VCI-100SE & Kontrol X1, and how well they work together? I'm trying to get into 4 deck mixing, and I just want more room, its a pain in the ass mixing more than 2 decks on the VCI

-If you do have this set up, do you use an external mixer?
    -What other controllers are there that I could use for 4 deck mixes, other than the Kontrol X1?

Any other comments and suggestions would be appreciated!!

I have both, but I don't mix with 4 decks so I can't help you out on that front. If I were going to be doing 4 deck mixing with both however, I'd definitely want to use an external mixer so I'd have EQ, level and gain on all 4 channels.

edit: and by the way, welcome to the forum!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Thanks for the reply,
    can you easily use/set up the vci and x1 together in traktor?

Super easy. The X1 maps itself, and if you import a mapping it's just as easy as any other controller. I use the 2 together along with the midifighter and I've had not problems.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Super easy. The X1 maps itself, and if you import a mapping it's just as easy as any other controller. I use the 2 together along with the midifighter and I've had not problems.
    So what do you think the would be the best controller to control C and D, along with the vci-100se?
    preferably a controller with a mixer section as well, and not too expensive lol (but still good quality)

I just wish i could get a mixer section on the x1

If you really want to have full EQ+Level control over 4 decks, I'd sell the VCI and pick up a 4 deck controller like the S4 or Numark NS6. You could by another controller similar to the VCI, but then your faders would be completely separate from those for A+B.

The only other thing I can think of is get an X1 and map it to act as EQ/filter for decks C+D, then maybe map the browse or loop knobs as channel volume faders.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltanew2 View Post
    So what do you think the would be the best controller to control C and D, along with the vci-100se?
    preferably a controller with a mixer section as well, and not too expensive lol (but still good quality)

I just wish i could get a mixer section on the x1
    Just remap the FX section of the X1 to mixer stuff and you're good to go alongside the VCI.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Just remap the FX section of the X1 to mixer stuff and you're good to go alongside the VCI.
    Yea i did this if u want u can have my tsi of it

thanks guys, but i just realized...what about the allen and heath xone 1D? i think its even better, i can map it to be a mixer for decks C and D, and still have a bunch of space to map other controls, what do you guys think??