M-Audio Audiophile USB

Default M-Audio Audiophile USB

I have one of the above and the outputs it has are just one set of rca outs and an spdif out to.

Is there a way i can use both of these so that i have a monitor channel?

Does anyone or has anyone used one of these in the past ?

Cheers
    Gav

But correct me if I am wrong but that card has a headphone output that can be used to monitor. I have the firewire version and I have a A/B switch besides the headphone plug that you assig diferent channels to monitor.

I have not find any use for the Spidfs yet....

it does but on this one its only linked to the Analogue out.

I think the only way i can do anything with this soundcard is to run the spdif to my amp (luckily it has a coax digi in) and then monitoer off my 1 analogue out.

Is there any problems with doing it this way, remembering this is purely bedroom djing ? Will there be any kind of delay ?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    it does but on this one its only linked to the Analogue out.
    Hmmm, mine also but you can change that on the output preferences using the interface software. You need to select link to monitor or something similar...

i'll have a look tonight but i think the usb and firewaire versions are two different babys. I know the usb is quite a bit cheaper and like i say i know the USB only has one set of analogue outs ... where as trhe firewire has more

Gav