Usb Problems Vci and Launchpad
    Tech Wizard

Default Usb Problems Vci and Launchpad

Kk last time I posted about this topic all I was told to do was go search some more. Unfortunately the search button wasn't working. But after doing some research I decided to describe my situation in detail. I've already wasted money on usb hubs heres my specs first.
    laptop:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=1845476
    Powered usb hub:
    http://www.vastech.ca/elephant-7-s-z...ter-white.html
    Midi controllers:
    Launchpad Vci 100se
    Sound card:
    Audio 2

The problem is that when I connect the vci to the usb hub it shows unknown, and can't be used. The led power on the vci is on but the flashy lights that are on the buttons and jogwheels aren't on. The launchpad when plugged into the usb hub gets recognised but the lights don't turn on either. If I didn't plug the soundcard into my laptop and the vci to the laptop my setup works. But with some serious lag on the launchpad, as in laggy traktor. Is it my computers fault or the usb hub? Any recommendations? Im on a budget since im still in high school and dont want to buy more usb hubs if that isn't the problem.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is the VCI turned to USB power on the back? As far as the launch pad goes what's your latency set at in traktor?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yes it is turned to usb power, is it not enough. Like I wanted to buy the Dlink Dub 4 but I don't see any difference with the usb I already own. With the vci in the laptop and the audio 2 and launchpad in the usb hub I think its set at around 60. Not sure I have to confirm it afterschool. But I heard that you need to put the audio 2 in the laptop usb, and the only way this setup works for me is putting the vci to the laptop or its unrecognised in the usb hub. thanks 4 reply.

I have a belkin one and it has no problem powering my VCI, X1 and Midifighter along with an external hard drive.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the links. And what belkin usb are u using? So its not my computer problem cas it lags traktor audio and the program itself like the program turns slow...

If traktor's lagging, the first thing to check is latency. Increase it til the problem goes away, generally shouldn't have to be more than 15ms total. It's in prefs > audio setup
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES